Found Sheep

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks y’all!! :love I’m in love with them. :love I would love to keep them but just not sure and it’d be a matter of convincing my dad though I would be financially responsible for them and I could do it. Hehe

Yes, I’m concerned for her weight as well but am slowly introducing food and amount since I don’t know what she’s used to and I don’t want to upset her rumen. She does have free choice coastal. Can sheep have calf mamma? I have some on hand that I give to my lactating does.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're gonna need to get her started on some grain here, and quickly. Those babies are gonna drain her fast. Congrats on an unassisted delivery! Sure are cute :)

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks y'all!!

Miss Sheep aka Mary and her lambs went to my dad's friend who raises sheep and knows them well. Mary was rather quiet during her stay, talking only to her lambs when we held them. Upon her arrival and settling in (being quarantined, of course), her new owner has reported that Mary and his other sheep have been chatting back and forth. I am sad that her adventure here with us is finished but I'm very happy that she is doing so well and able to have sheep friends.