Gentle Giants

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OK SBC... Why would you share that Callie is in heat... and SMILE?!?! Are you going to go for another litter? :clap Maybe "D" and Callie can produce another unbelievable litter for you? :bow Well? No secrets allowed on this! Come clean Lady! :old @babsbag You are her closest confidant... what do YOU know about all this? I'd ask your protege' @Goat Whisperer but I know there's be no breaking her without truth serum... bright lights in her face wouldn't even phase her! :lol:

If you are, you know I wish you nothing but the best and much success! :hugs:fl

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS @Latestarter

I am thinking about Tiggs and Callie. ;)
Tiggs is now 2 1/2 and he has grown and matured quite nicely.

Tiggs is MASSIVE. We sure can grow 'em here. LOL :D
I measured him tonight ... it was not easy. HE is the biggest baby and when I go in he likes to put his head between my knees and then roll over for belly rubs. VERY hard to get him to stand up straight. I got his measurement at 35" although I think he may be closer to 36" he just gets so wiggly! We had him on a diet because he was 160# and just a bit to heavy for his age. He is down to 145# summer weight. He will need the extra 10# or so for winter.

I know I don't want to do another Callie/D only because I kept quite a few dogs and WILL NOT be keeping ANY if she does have another litter. So I thought Anatolians may be better.

Tiggs has been an easy peeasy dog... We originally got him for a pet... but he ended up being a field dog...

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad we have a sitter who can milk and dogs trained to our sitters
Another reason to become active in your goat community

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are very active in our goat community. Just not as much in the show world. We do a lot in the tri county area, most are homesteads that need herd evals, fecal analysis etc.
The dogs that have been raised with friends visiting constantly still won't allow anyone in the field unless we are present.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS @Latestarter

I am thinking about Tiggs and Callie. ;)
Tiggs is now 2 1/2 and he has grown and matured quite nicely.

Tiggs is MASSIVE. We sure can grow 'em here. LOL :D
I measured him tonight ... it was not easy. HE is the biggest baby and when I go in he likes to put his head between my knees and then roll over for belly rubs. VERY hard to get him to stand up straight. I got his measurement at 35" although I think he may be closer to 36" he just gets so wiggly! We had him on a diet because he was 160# and just a bit to heavy for his age. He is down to 145# summer weight. He will need the extra 10# or so for winter.

I know I don't want to do another Callie/D only because I kept quite a few dogs and WILL NOT be keeping ANY if she does have another litter. So I thought Anatolians may be better.

Tiggs has been an easy peeasy dog... We originally got him for a pet... but he ended up being a field dog...
36" ??
That's record territory

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cute picture. :love The only thing missing is a big paw on top of her foot. :lol:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
36" ??
That's record territory
This dog is a monster I tell ya :ep He is almost head level with the 4ft fence.
D is like 34 inches at the withers. D's brother, Badger is well over 6 feet tall when he stands on his back legs. He was upset with someone visiting on the farm an stood up, his head was over the 6ft panels.