Goat eating dog food

Marta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was gonna say, my problem is the opposite as well, the dog eats the goats food lol

AnnieP

Just born
Reaction score
My goats only 2 so far , make a bee line into the house every chance the get to go after the dog food. Total workout getting them out.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings Annie and welcome to BYH! Glad you decided to join us! Please browse around and make yourself at home! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd consider stopping by the new member section and sharing a brief introduction so we can all welcome you properly :D Oh, and you may have heard, we'tre all a bunch of picture addicts so if yopu'd be willing to share some pics of your herd(s), we'd be much obliged!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
AnnieP our buck goat loved dog food. Of course I didn't give it to him when ever he wanted but every once in a while he would find some in my pocket that were supposed to be for the dog:rolleyes:.

Are your goats contained? Or is there a way you could put the dog food out of reach? dog food is not good for goats but a bit here and there won't hurt them.

By the way welcome

JenniferDuBay

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There are automagical dog doors that fit to kennel sizes and work with dog collars. Dog approaches door, door opens, dog is locked in, eats. Dog turns around, door opens, locks behind dog. We have it for our dog that needs meds in her food, though I can't recall the name of the product.