Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
back in the olden days when fairys and giants ruled the earth and i was much ornerier than I am now I used to tell people that we trimmed the ears off at birth and deep fried them as a snack, really good with dip. yes, yes I did freak out a lot of people with that comment. then i'd have to back peddle and prove that they were really born that way. I know, i'm bad but you have to admit that it's kinda funny.
look what I found in the trees back behind my house this afternoon. I told you spring was coming. cookie gifted me with ram and ewe lambs. of course the white one is the ewe and the brown speckled one is the ram. IMG_1907 (2).JPG IMG_1909 (2).JPG IMG_1910 (2).JPG IMG_1908 (2).JPG
I went out to feed this afternoon and when the sheeple came up cookie was among the missing. I looked out back and saw her laying under the canopy of trees, called her and she just lay there watching me so I knew what was up. after I got everyone else fed marco and I went to get her and the lambs. pasterns look a little weak so they will get some bo-se tomorrow but they are both strong and healthy, both had nursed and were napping when I picked them up. cookie is the first female, goat or sheep that has given birth outside of the fenced in "goat yard" I just hope she didn't give anyone else any ideas.
ok @Baymule glad you put your thinking cap on and listed female goat names starting with F. mama is Fiona, first daughter is Felina, second daughter is Felicia, third and forth girls will be Felicity and Fantasia. what do you think? sheeple wise I have cookie, her daughters brownie and cup cake, pecan sandy and now the white baby with the black eye and spots on her back. going to have to think on that one.
@greybeard as an old nurse that spent the better part of 25 years working on cardiac patients in icu the best advice I can give you regarding this upcoming procedure is to listen to what the dr's have to say, think about, talk to your wife about it, pray about it and do what you feel like is best for you. you'll be in my prayers
@Wehner Homestead, I hope I didn't put you to sleep reading all of my rattling on. I use to talk a lot more but since I have retired and scaled back on everything I've been a lot quieter than before. i'm enjoying reading about your adventures with the goats, cows and just life in general. I think you make a good addition to the group. glad you're here.
youall take care, next up is viola the goat who should release her prisoners in a week or so. ttfn

Latest posts