Help needed please...trying to save my eight month old doe, got her in august ,

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'll persevere and get them there! You've read my Blossom's story.

I can't imagine being that greedy for the milk! (And that's coming from someone that milks my goats for the benefit of my medically fragile daughter. We keep more goats so that there is enough to go around. We also dam raise and still manage to get enough milk for us. JS.)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Ummm The brown one doesn't look all that bad to my untrained eye... :hu I mean her coat looks full and shiny. She may be a little light weight wise, but that should be relatively easy to fix over time. I think I can barely make out one of her rear hooves, and yes, they definitely will need continuing care to get them "right"... Otherwise, She doesn't look all that bad to me at all...

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
B&B... you should really consider starting a journal rather than posting all this stuff in the emergency section. That way you can have all your ongoing stuff in one place concerning all your posts rather than posting non pertinent stuff to the emergency thread in the emergency section of the site. It's easy to do, just go to: https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/

Top right, click on "Post New Thread", create a name for your journal That starts with your screen name, type out your opening post, and post it, and you'll be rolling! I among many others will absolutely follow along with you!:clap

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Gosh B&B... I'm terribly sorry that I made that recommendation now... Didn't mean for you to go and delete everything that you had posted... :hit

Once you have your journal established, if you post the name of it here, perhaps you can ask one of our excellent moderators like @Sumi if she'd be kind enough to resurrect those deleted posts and then transfer all of these thread pages done after the initial emergency over to your journal for you.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you, just deleted all the non emergency posts i had and will start journal. ..i love things that make life easier, thank you again !
Yikes! I'm glad I followed this from the beginning so I didn't miss the deleted posts. Guess I need to go find your journal now to keep up to date.