1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Ear Tags - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed please...trying to save my eight month old doe, got her in august ,

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Injuries, Diseases, and Cures' started by B&B Happy goats, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Oct 11, 2018
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

@Ron Bequeath that is interesting about the rye. I will have about 50-60 does to freshen next spring and it would sure be nice if they just "slipped right out". I'll have to try it.

Glad that you are all safe; I can't even imagine going through a hurricane or tornado.

2. Oct 11, 2018
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

@Ron Bequeath that is interesting about the rye. I will have about 50-60 does to freshen next spring and it would sure be nice if they just "slipped right out". I'll have to try it.

Glad that you are all safe; I can't even imagine going through a hurricane or tornado.

3. Oct 11, 2018
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

Just came on to make sure that all you BYHers in Florida are safe. Glad to see you made it through without losing any people or animals. Still a bad storm even though the worst is over for you. Now the clean up. :hugs

@Ron Bequeath interesting about the rye. I wonder where I can get some. Rye like in rye bread, not rye grass seed, right? Maybe a health store? Or can I order it on line. If it is crop seed, probably can't get it locally. I will check on it. If it is only 1/4 cup serving, it shouldn't take too much for my 4 ewes if I have to order it on line.

4. Oct 11, 2018
    Dee Mini Pigs

Dee Mini Pigs Chillin' with the herd

Hi everyone, Dee from mini pigs Australia, thinking of you all, I have some idea what you are all going through, as I live in an area on North Queensland, that cops a cyclone or two every year, we are now approaching that time. When times are tough, we all need to all stick together, in the physical way but mentally as well. Stay strong and keep looking after our wonderful animals, as I know you all will. Lots of love and stay safe.

5. Oct 11, 2018
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

6. Oct 11, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master

@Pastor Dave and @promiseacres and @Bunnylady are the three rabbit members that come to mind. All are quite knowledgeable. Posting in the rabbit section may also get comments from others that I didn’t think of.

Latestarter likes this.
  7. Oct 11, 2018
    MiniSilkys

MiniSilkys Loving the herd life

Ron, just be careful about banding too early. If done before the urethra has fully developed it can cause wethers to have calculi stones. It is best to separate and keep doing it as you always have at 12 weeks.

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  8. Oct 13, 2018
    Ron Bequeath

Ron Bequeath Chillin' with the herd

Thanks up grading barn just make another pen.

Wehner Homestead likes this.
  9. Oct 13, 2018
    Ron Bequeath

Grain rye seed but this year the feed store was out so check internet and it wouldnt get to me in time so i used ground bread
    rye on the cow. I'm thinking of planting a 2000 sq ft plot. Of non gmo this coming year. Should give me enough to last the year. Dad said could use it on all types of animals haven't tried it on chickens though, wonder if it would work on sheep, know they had sheep before my time, and he learned from granddad.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  10. Oct 13, 2018
    Ron Bequeath

Have nz white and have a good network here in NW PA , if i can help let me know.