HomesteaderWife - Tales from Wolf Branch [05/10/2023 - The New Fella!]

HomesteaderWife

Herd Master
Reaction score
May 10th, 2023 - I will keep my update short as not only has it been so long, but the days are busy! We have a new little addition to the Homestead named Yusuke - his mom is Botan and his dad is Kuwabara, theme named after an anime my husband and I have watched a few times called Yu Yu Hakusho (1992-1995). His momma being a first time mother unfortunately had nothing to do with him and also wouldn't release milk. We tried and tried with both situations to no luck, and as soon as I realized this I brought him in to get dry and warm and called the vet for colostrum, which they thankfully had. He was born on May 5th, and as of this morning he is doing very well. Strong, good appetite.
Please wish our little man well!
Photo 1: After birth and brought inside Photo 2: About two days old Photo 3: Three days old
IMG_5605.jpgIMG_5672 (1).jpgIMG_5710.jpg

HomesteaderWife

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for all the well wishes! Here are some fun photos from the past few days of his growing up:
Our Cattle Dog is so used to and loves all animals (except for rats and squirrels) that she barely pays him any mind other than the occasional sniff. He loves her though! We take walks together and he walks in between her and I.

IMG_5808.jpgIMG_5868.jpgIMG_5870.jpgIMG_5967.jpg

HomesteaderWife

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love that comment and yes his little nose is so precious. The heeler is definitely a great dog, they enjoy walks together and she jus treats him like a walking companion without getting excited or any kind of annoyed- just calm to him.