HomesteaderWife - Tales from Wolf Branch [05/10/2023 - The New Fella!]

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I have not posted photos or videos in a bit of the little goat. His best friend, our cattle dog who helped to raise him, passed away June 27th. She has been gone for nearly two weeks, and he still comes up to the door when he is out and looks around for her if he comes inside. She helped raise him to be big enough to outside with the other goats, before her time came. Thank you old girl for helping Yusuke grow big and strong.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I realized today I have not touched base on BYH in quite some time. So here are the updates on things as of late:

Yusuke was fixed along with his daddy, so the family is all together now. He really seemed to know his cattle dog friend had passed, but shortly before losing her we adopted in an elderly hospice-type rescue cat who had spent his years outdoors. While he stayed inside most of the time, he came out supervised with us at times and would follow around the yard like a loyal pup. After our dog passed, he came to take up the role of friend and Yusuke loved to be out in the yard with him. While he was with us just until October 2023, he helped us beyond belief to make it through the tough time losing my elderly cattle dog and he showed us just the most amazing love and gratitude. He loved to be picked up under his front legs and raised up where is bag legs were still on the ground but his front legs weren't, and you would tell him it was smooch time and kiss the top of his head and he would head-butt you and nuzzle all over you. He was talkative and loved going to the wood shop, staring up at my husband while he worked on safe projects (he was not in the shop during any cutting or anything) and meowing begging for me to pick him up and put him on the table top. We have our one hen Chicken Hawk still and I think April 12th is the day she will turn 7 years old. I've debated getting her a bantam rooster for a friend but she genuinely has always hated other chickens and would bully ones three times her size, and seems happy as a clam so she is just a solo spoiled bird. She is thriving and just as friendly as ever.

Yusuke has been blossoming into a great little goat. He still is a bit small but that is alright, I think he will hit a little growth spurt like dad did! I was so nervous when he was born and having to bottle raise him, but he is doing really well. I figured I would put in a short video of him for you all to see. He knows five skills now - spin, back, up, here, and place