I Hate Green Briars!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally got back to that cedar tree and cleaned it all up. We made a burn pile and piled more briars on it. It wasn't windy this morning, so we burned it. Here's the tree. It looks so nice now!

img_0935-jpg.14299

Trip is eating his supper in the cooling shade of the trees. The cedar tree we just trimmed is on the left. Hard to believe that just over a year ago, you couldn't see between these trees-we had to hack our way through the brush and briars to get to the property line so we could get the fence put up.

img_0936-jpg.14300

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was our burn pile yesterday... DH loves to play in the burn pile. :lol: That's the cedar branches plus LOTS of green briars.

img_0934-jpg.14332

This morning I went out before DH got woke up good, I am a morning person, he'd rather skip mornings. LOL He called me and I told him bring water and the Kawasaki Mule. He did and we loaded up more briars in the back of it. Our neighbor, Robert, came over and we cut down a dead cedar and a dead standing tree, both of which had been covered by green briars.

img_0938-1-jpg.14333

Then my husband and Robert chained the cedar to the Mule and DH dragged it out. It ripped a lot of briars out with it. The other dead tree fell right over.

img_0941-jpg.14334

Robert asked if we wanted to drag it out of the pasture and we said no, let the sheep eat those briars off. My husband opened the gate to the night pen and I called the sheep. They fell on the briars like they were starving and picked it clean.

img_0942-jpg.14335

We unloaded the briars off the back of the Mule and started another burn pile. Then we loaded up tools and went to the other property line. Robert brought Marigold and we worked on preparation for the fence. We have to wear long sleeved shirts and they are soaked in sweat in no time. We quit today after 12:00. Then I picked 30 yellow squash from the garden. I called a neighbor and we took them 10 of them, we found wild plums growing in a fence row and picked them. While I put up squash, I cooked the plums and got almost a quart of juice. I'll make jelly tomorrow.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH loves to play in the burn pile. :lol:
What is it about boys & fire? My brother (when we were young) & son (when he was young) liked fire so much they almost caught the house on fire. :lol: DH loves tending the fire too - although, he does have a healthy respect for fire! (As I'm sure your DH does). ;)