briar-3-jpg.16484

and turned to the right

briar-1-jpg.16485

and turned toward the road in front of our place

briar-2-jpg.16486

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great exhausting work! Do you know what the little tree in the last picture is? The one on the right hand side that is a lighter green with larger leaves???? Inquiring minds would like to know, please and thank you.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe that is a type of haw tree. Earlier this year, a tree was blooming, but I couldn't even get to it. Once we hacked our way to it, I saw it was a haw, was hoping for a Mayhaw, but it wasn't, it has purple drupes on it.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really like what you have done with all of your free time. :)

It does look great and I know it is another reason to keep before and afters.

Edited to add that I hope you know that I was kidding with all of the free time comment.

Last edited:

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big difference! That's a lot of very hard work, but a great feeling when you look at how nice it is, and think, "We did that!" :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS we had some more "free time" today!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back to work in the former green briar pasture today. Today's project was a large cedar tree with dead branches that swept the ground. It has taken us until now to get to it. Our neighbor Robert, came over and operated the chain saw, DH and I loaded the pick up and the Kawasaki Mule. We dragged the branches off at the burn pile and called it a day a little after 1:00 this afternoon.

Robert sawed the branches off.

cedar-3-jpg.16553

I dragged the branches to the truck and mule. My husband piled them up with Trip supervising to make sure we did it right.

cedar-2-jpg.16554

Robert trimmed up the branches. The ones with green at the ends went into the sheep night pen, some branches were big enough for future fence posts or at least corner braces and were set aside. We can WALK under this tree now!

cedar-1-jpg.16555

Latest posts