I'm woolin' it!

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
All the folks that I know who have double treadle wheels really like them. The Ladybug looks like a really great wheel. Where's the ladybug on your wheel? Did you get lots of extra bobbins? AFAIK, it's impossible to have too many bobbins.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
All the folks that I know who have double treadle wheels really like them. The Ladybug looks like a really great wheel. Where's the ladybug on your wheel? Did you get lots of extra bobbins? AFAIK, it's impossible to have too many bobbins.

I had a single and promptly got rid of it for a double treadle hitchhiker. Idk how people can use just one.

I soon bought a bunch of bobbins & altered them to fit a boatload of yarn on them. I hate switching bobbins. Lol

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The ladybug is on the wood behind the wheel on the right side when you are sitting at the wheel.

It came with 3 bobbins which is enough for me for now, I mostly just do 2 ply so that gives me enough bobbins to do that without an issue.

After a while I'll get the jumbo plyer flyer and a few more bobbins but for now what I have is plenty.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since yarn doesn't sell, nothing does, I'm going to try to make a blanket from the core spun yarn.
Looms are crazy expensive, and I'm trying out the loop n weave type, 4 sides have "pegs" & you weave through vertical & horizontal strands.
Tried regular looms and the yarn has no stretch, becauseof the core yarn, so it's impossible to do it, even loose.
Had some shelving parts laying around....I'll figure something out!
20231124_171432.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. You'd think the cute sheep would sell 🥴
Lol, the yarn.
I don't wear wool, I can't handle temp changes, layers don't help if I'm leaving them around the farm as I go & forget to pick them back up. :hide So most is in storage.

If this works out, I'll try to make wall art or window winter covers or something useful like that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was wondering about you and the things you make with wool a few days ago. Glad to see you back to making something.
What is core wool?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, this will take all day! Been up since 8, just finished this long row. 🤦🏽‍♀️
20231125_105137.jpg20231125_105141.jpg

I was wondering about you and the things you make with wool a few days ago. Glad to see you back to making something.
What is core wool?

Core spun yarn is wool spun on a central core, no plying. I used cotton thread, some use thin single ply yarn, cotton thread, other types of thread. Also called carpet yarn because it's usually used for carpets.