Introducing new herd members

ChickenAndGoatLover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you ALL so so so much! I will be dumping out the baking soda in the AM and hopefully will find a new use for the 30 dollar bucket of it I purchased and just opened yesterday lol!

I’ll be on here a lot more than I was. I clearly have a lot more to learn and I feel I couldn’t have come to a better place!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet Thank you for such kind words-you are very sweet. :hugs

As far as the baking soda! All is not lost :D Baking soda is purchased here in 13# bags. It has so many uses!
The biggest way we use it is (outside of baking) is cleaning! Everything to pots, pans, stovetops, tubs, laundry, cleaning the dishwasher, running it through our pipes. It is wonderful.
I have a feeling @Devonviolet could write a book on natural safe products.

Oh, and if you have kids (human kind) you can always make soda bottle car rockets. :D

Yes, this is a great group and btw we all love pictures. The more the better. I will also add that you will learn perpetually when you own goats.
We have had many new and unusual experiences this year which I hope to post about. I don't type and am a one finger puncher so it takes a while to write up anything. Ok two fingers and my thumb for the space bar... but still.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I appreciate new goat owner discussions, because I am thinking of getting goats some day, and reading what new owners are learning has taught me a lot of things I wouldn't have thought of. Those links were great too. I haven't run across those yet in all the Googling I've been doing.

Thanks folks!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a feeling @Devonviolet could write a book on natural safe products.
Interesting you should mention that, SBC. I started selling at our local Farmer’s Market this year. After I realized there was a market for gluten free baked goods, I started making my natural personal care products, and am doing quite well with them.

Off the top of my head, I am selling: spray on deodorant, goat milk lotion, “Violet’s Lotion”, which is an anti-inflamatory lotion using goat milk lotion with about 10 different anti-inflammatory essential oils. I am also selling non-toxic hair spray, liquid raw (as in green, not white sugar alcohol) stevia liquid, healing antibiotic ointment, and elderberry syrup with ginger and raw honey, for preventing and/or healing colds and flu. Today, I am making a roll up deodorant stick and tinted lip gloss in tubes.

The possibilities are endless. And there is a huge need for non-toxic products in this toxic, chemical laden world that we live in.