is it over yet?

Kyanite

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
When I came over here, I had no doubt that I'd stay but just do my chicken talk on BYC when it's back up. After all, I've got two goats arriving soon, will be adding pigs and rabbits sometime this summer, and have a big interest in bees. There is a lot for me here. But I've seen enough of these posts to really make me reconsider staying. A few have been very hospitable which I appreciate, but it's been made clear over and over by others that the increased activity and chicken talk aren't welcome. It seems pretty petty to me. It's temporary while BYC is down. I've purposely not been as active as I would have been because enough are complaining. Keep in mind, we were all invited here.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is just that we are out numbered :plbb Us herdies get used to logging in and seeing a post about a 4 legged animal or maybe some bees and the most active threads are the ones that show in "recent posts" and those are the ones we usually read first. Now they are all chicken or duck related. It isn't that we don't like you or want you to stay, we are a friendly group, really we are. But our herd animals have been usurped...no one should take it personally.

Auroradream26

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
When I came over here, I had no doubt that I'd stay but just do my chicken talk on BYC when it's back up. After all, I've got two goats arriving soon, will be adding pigs and rabbits sometime this summer, and have a big interest in bees. There is a lot for me here. But I've seen enough of these posts to really make me reconsider staying. A few have been very hospitable which I appreciate, but it's been made clear over and over by others that the increased activity and chicken talk aren't welcome. It seems pretty petty to me. It's temporary while BYC is down. I've purposely not been as active as I would have been because enough are complaining. Keep in mind, we were all invited here.

X2. We have a rabbit, have had a pig, may get a goat or two in the future and are set up for bees and waiting but I think I may stick with the threads for those animals on BYC. Especially since my birds are my true love anyway.

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It is just that we are out numbered :plbb Us herdies get used to logging in and seeing a post about a 4 legged animal or maybe some bees and the most active threads are the ones that show in "recent posts" and those are the ones we usually read first. Now they are all chicken or duck related. It isn't that we don't like you or want you to stay, we are a friendly group, really we are. But our herd animals have been usurped...no one should take it personally.
That's what im saying. You BYC people are too sensitive. I didn't get all sensitive a few years ago when i was on BYC and people there told me i was a terrible person for lighting my birds during the winter. Nope i just moved on and never went back. It has nothing to due with you leaving, its just BYH and a few of us want it to go back thats all.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score

Yep, you, me, (and anyone anywhere wishing to register for any reason) were/are invited.

Of course, When 'in your face, here-let-us rub-some-salt in your-wound' things like the following are posted, it's probably not terribly helpful.

This is a daily thing. Just part of the routine. Only today, I found it amusing because while I was playing chicken whack-a-mole, it reminded me of this thread. You BYHer's are just like my poor goats. Just trying to do your thing. Sing your song, eat some grub and stick to your routine. Us BYCer's...well, we're the obnoxious chickens barging in all chattery and fluttery trying to 'share' all your stuff. Like it or not. And there's no one around to knock us off your food bowls. :barnie

We're not trying to be rude. We just think your breakfast looks delicious. And we're staaaaaaarving. Ba-GWAWK!
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/i-hate-to-say-this-but.35897/page-21

I actually joined BYC in Oct 2011. Haven't been back since Jan 2012.
greybeard

Currently offline
Forum Post Count:

10/22/11

on 1/14/12

It looks like greybeard hasn't added anything to their community profile yet.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I've been "dual homing" on these two forums all along - I joined them both within days, if not hours of each other. :idunnoI love them both; I love the very different feel of them. The "Recent Posts" feature has always been useless over on BYC; there's so much going on in Random Ramblings and Games, Jokes and Fun, there's just too much to wade through. Anyone looking to be helpful usually had to go either to the specific sub-forum or look at New Threads.

Funny - you don't realize how much you dominate a site until someone else does . . . .:p

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't want you guys to feel unwelcome its just different. Like @babsbag said BYH is rarely as active as it has been. Some days there are no new threads and some of the biggest have a few hundred pages at most. So the fact that there are a ton of new threads and a thread with over 900 pages within a few days is a bit overwhelming:th. Im used to it now though :)

TheKindaFarmGal

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, its practically over now, so now BYH can go back to its proper function, herd animals. Thanks for having us poultry people anyway ;)
But as a goat owner, you may still see me around every so often. Just warning ya :p

Yep, the new BYC is up! But you guys aren't getting rid of me either. Lol