Is SafeGuard wormer safe for my pregnant doe?

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mike was referring to the scale SBC had linked to.
https://shop.smithcogoatandsheep.com/products/400lb-scale
Ok thanks I have moneys problems right now, as in wife says don't spend any more.:rantNice looking scale . I'll get one soon .

What anti biotic does the vet have you using?
I would be giving this guy Red cell- Just My Opinion.
We are using Norcillin penicillin G with procaine. 1cc once a day .If after the full treatment I don't see improvement I'll switch to LA200.I Started tube feeding him this morning. At least I can get 4 ounces in him every feeding I'll have to pick some up some Red cell . I keep forgetting . Every trip is a rush there and back . I forget things I don't wright down.

Cylence is a really good product for mites/lice. You apply it along the spine and the goats won’t get chilled. I prefer Cylence over premithrins in the winter for this reason. I don’t remember the dose but SBC probably has it in her notes.
Good to know .Injectable Ivermectin subq will work. Well it will help . Everything needs exact weight and a scale is a must get soon. I'm not familiar with Cylence . I don't know if I can get from my local co-op. I just haven't thought about a pour on ,never used one before . Always spray oral or injectable with cattle . Pour on makes good sense in cold weather . Thank you .

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Picked up Cylence At Tractor Supply today. Dose for cattle is Less than 400 lbs 8 ml for biting lice :idunnoWould that be 2 ml per 100lbs ? Or 1 ml per 50 lbs. Or .5 ml pre 25 lbs. And if goats metabolize more quickly than cattle , would the dose be higher or lower ? Red cell is $25.00 a gallon :epSo the milk replacer and dog food and Cylence, came home the red cell is still there .I need a little emoji with empty pockets turned out :\

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Hipshot you can look online at jeffers i bought a quart of red cell...
I looked there today along with EBAY .Jeffers has a minimum shipping charge they almost all do . It really looks like ,I'll pick up the gallon at TSC. Going to check the Farmers CO-OP and Bonnies first. With shipping I'll pay as much for a qt. as I will a gallon. Coyote came through while Joe was taking lunch and I'm missing a buckling :( Doe could have hid him but I :idunno The coyote tore through my dog kennel and killed a Black French Copper Maran hen . I was bringing in the main flock and heard the chickens making a awful noise. I ran up to see the coyote just outside of the pen with the hen and no gun :barnieGot back to the flock and the buckling was not there , His twin doeling was , but he wasn't .I looked everywhere . Must have been more than one coyote :idunnoSo I'm depressed tonight. I'm going back out in a minute to look some more .Need more dogs I guess .Coyotes here are relentless . I set two snares with the hen in the middle . It moved the snare and got the chicken couldn't have been more than an hour latter . :rantI want it dead I want it's family dead :mad: I'm going to kill them all . :somad:somad:somad:somad:somad:somad

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't like that post. We are surrounded by coyotes too. So far, the non climb horse wire and two Great Pyrenees have kept them away. Sorry about your hen and your buckling. :hit