Is Today The Day? The Babies Have Arrived!!! *(PICS)*

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sugar and Spice sounds nice Sugar should be the one with the white spot! :love

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I will not buy another goat! I will not buy another goat! I will not buy another goat! I will not buy another goat!

:hide

trishok8

Just born
Reaction score
Congratulations! I've been toying with the idea of breeding my Dwarf Nigerian, seeing those pic's really pushes you over the edge.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
trishok8 said:
Congratulations! I've been toying with the idea of breeding my Dwarf Nigerian, seeing those pic's really pushes you over the edge.
:welcome

Patchesnposies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. Baby goats are so funny! This morning they were already doing their version of the Happy Dance, what I call "Frolicking" and my DH calls Goat Dancing. I just love them! you know what I mean, kicking up their little back legs....adorable!

I appreciate everyone's suggestions for names and think they are all apropos and cute, however, my naming them has been overcome by events....my daughter, Ellie, (9 yo), calls them Sassafras and Hollyhock. (Holly-with the white spot and Sassy, for short.) The names seem to have stuck!

Tassel is very good with the babies and is very protective. All of our dogs, whom she was previously friends with, are now her enemies and she charges them if they even LOOK at her babies.

This was a great experience for my kids. We sat with Tassel all day as she was very needy. They were able to see how hard Tassel worked to get those babies out and what a miracle it was to watch Holly and Sassy try right away to nurse. Witnessing the act of Tassel giving birth also opened up a wonderful dialog about child birth and the similarities and differences in the process for people and goats.

My kids are 2-boy, 3-girl, 4-boy, 9-girl, 9-boy, and 11-boy. The whole thing was one teachable moment! LOL Something tells me that it's not over yet.;)

Thank you for the advice and encouragement as well as the congrats!

Latest posts