Kansas here

ck_dunham

Just born
Reaction score
Well youre not alone on the thought of yourself as a city boy. I myself grew up In Atlanta and have been in Kansas City since 87'. I'm now in my 2nd year of living on my 30 acres just between Pomona and Ottawa KS. I've got all kinds of chickens and 2 horses. My parents grew up on the farm but by the time I came around you would never had known that as Dad became a well known Engineer. Today I would give my soul to be a full time land owner/operator!

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I totally agree with that, i love working in restaraunts, i have been doing it since i was 15, but i would LOVE to be able to spend all day working around here, so much that HAS to get done and so much i WANT to get done, i almost dread losing time going to my "real" job

ByNatureFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Looking for someone in the Topeka area who raises standard Rex rabbits?

I would like to get a trio for my son for 4H.

He would like a Castor & Black Otter. I would like him to have a Blue and one of the 3 to be a broken.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
ByNatureFarms said:
Looking for someone in the Topeka area who raises standard Rex rabbits?

I would like to get a trio for my son for 4H.

He would like a Castor & Black Otter. I would like him to have a Blue and one of the 3 to be a broken.
You probably want to post this in the Buy Sell Trade Section.
Please be sure to read the B-S-T Rules first :)

johnsons-r-us

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have been in Kansas for about 4 years. Transplanted from Minnesota...too cold up there to spend the rest of our lives there. We just got chickens this past Easter and are getting lots of eggs. We will move into some meaties and/or dp birds this spring and are looking into breeds of milk goats. I think we will end up with a a couple of Nubian girls. We have also thought about raising one beef steer (not sure of any of my terminology) but haven't even started reading about that yet. We just want a small hobby farm. We have limited space so planning ahead is a must! I love reading on this formum and BYC. So many helpful people :)

rittert3

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm a lifer from near Manhattan, I've raised alot of small stuff and birds but never had any ag. zoned land. I work at the sale barns in Junction City and Clay Center and have also worked at the barns in Manhattan and St. Marys. I also try to attend the poultry and exotic auctions in Gardner and Clay Center when I can but it's ussually just to look. I'd like to get some land eventually and have experience and knowledge of almost any and all livestock. If your looking for something, I tend to make a good locator ;) so don't be afraid to pm me I get on here every couple weeks but I'm also on BYC under the same name and I get on there just about every day.

hardscaper87

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello to all Kansans! Please introduce yourselves, my name is Cody. I currently breed beef cattle and meat rabbits. I also have game chickens and coturnix quail.

Prairie Fleur

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy! Another Kansan here, this time from the south west corner of the state. Wow, doesn't seem like there's very many of us on here. I have several horses (rescue Appy that I'm rehoming, an AQHA gelding and an Arabian/Paint mare) Nigerian Dwarf goats, mini and full Nubians, chickens, LGDs and farm cats.