Kaye's other than rabbits journal

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Any bit of information helps...

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got 3 6 month old bourbon red hens today :) they've been kind of neglected, so today is their first time out eating bugs!! They're going bug crazy right now

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Gave the little ones some watermelon earlier. They went crazy!! My momma turkey is sitting on some chicken eggs and is perfectly content with it. To her babies are babies.
I have one bantam hen sitting for the second time and her first hatch is getting soooooo big!!! My Serama has 6 babies. Layed 6 eggs, hatched all 6. And now I think she's laying again. I've got baby Australorps everywhere!!
Just sold a rabbit and it payed for the rabbit food. I love when they pay for themselves. I've got 2 litters coming up for sale and 3 of the 10 have curly fur. I have a litter of Holland/English lop babies due October 30th!! I'm very excited about that litter.
I got a new lionhead/dwarf mix that I'm in love with and will be breeding him to my dwarf when he gets older. He is a blue tort with a very nice mane and short ears. He just doesn't have the flat face of the dwarves that I love so much. Maybe they'll take after mom in the face.
I'm also in the process of building more cages!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey...Hey!!...this is "Other than Rabbits Journal"....let's keep it straight!.....:lol: :gig:lol:
Our birds love the melons too....but, I will say the ducks go after it with a bit more vigor than the chickens. I do hope the rabbits turn out as ya wish they would and it is nice when ya can recoup some $$ from them....:)

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey...Hey!!...this is "Other than Rabbits Journal"....let's keep it straight!.....:lol: :gig:lol:
Our birds love the melons too....but, I will say the ducks go after it with a bit more vigor than the chickens. I do hope the rabbits turn out as ya wish they would and it is nice when ya can recoup some $$ from them....:)
True. My bad.... lol

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our chickens like watermelon but they only get what WE don't eat off each piece and we aren't real generous ;)
When my daughter gets done with it all they have is rinds most of the time

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have baby bantams and half bantam/game hens every where!! Such a good hatch this year!! Mostly hens. My Serama hen laid 6 eggs, hatched 6 chicks, and 5 of them are hens!! And she's the best momma hen on the yard. Now, if only I had a turkey gobbler for my hens I'd be right where I want to be

Latest posts