Killed a bear today...*pics added* **GRAPHIC**

D1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
CocoNUT said:
D1 forgive me for butting in here...but I don't think the OP was "hunting" the bear. The bear was menacing her livestock/property...and in most states, it is legal to use lethal force against wildlife if it threatens your livestock/livelihood. Also, a diseased animal - especially as diseased as this poor bear was - is a MAJOR threat to domestic critters...if for no other reason that contaminating her animals with the mange.

That poor bear didn't look too good. DH couldn't even figure out WHAT he was looking at!
I agree the bear needed to be dispatched, however I had a CO tell me if someone shoots a bear in the state of Ms the shooter better be in an ambulance on the way to the hospital when he gets there.............. I havent checked on how the law protects livestock...........I know 20 years ago when I had a neighbors dog getting in my chickens, I was told by county officer that if a dog can NOT be "legally" shot if harming a human, though if harming livestock shooting the dog is legal :/:hu dont make sense to me either

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yup, I know all our laws and regulations :)

I also know to SSS. :cool:

D1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
Yup...we know about SSS here too ;)
what is this secret code SSS you all speack of?? it may becalled something else here

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It must have been misery for this poor beast. What area is this that has this problem?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just so Emmett is ok! LOVE THAT FACE!!!!!

Poor bear, thank goodness she isn't suffering anymore.

Not a big bear fan, although a bear rug would be awesome, I can't stand to see any animal suffer like that.

She wouldn't have made a very good rug. :/

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Emmett is just fine :thumbsup although I believe his pride is a bit wounded! He was NOT HAPPY :he to be left in the fence while we handled this!!

At least I know he respects the fence! Lol

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh that poor thing. Thats awful. Glad you ended her suffering and that your family and animals are safe! :)

Tiss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ugh, what a pitiful looking beast. Good shot- it needed to go.

Latest posts