Killed a bear today...*pics added* **GRAPHIC**

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What I dont get is if you SSS, then why would you post it on the internet on a public forum?? I shot a bear with a depridation permit but I didnt post pics of him on the internet after the deed was done.. I was sad enough as is, no one else needed to see him like that.. I'm glad you put her out of her misery but I dont get why you flaunt pictures of her.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
CrazyCatNChickenLady said:
What I dont get is if you SSS, then why would you post it on the internet on a public forum?? I shot a bear with a depridation permit but I didnt post pics of him on the internet after the deed was done.. I was sad enough as is, no one else needed to see him like that.. I'm glad you put her out of her misery but I dont get why you flaunt pictures of her.
Yes this is a public forum, however it's still somewhat anonymous. My location isn't public to my knowledge. And as far as SSS goes, I fully support that system as a means to protect and preserve, however in this case I was fully within my rights to dispatch that bear.

And in no way am I "flaunting" anything. I protected my family, my property and my livestock... And put a diseased animal out of its misery. This public forum happens to be labeled "Predators and Pests" and is a place for homeowners, animals lovers, farmers etc to tell the stories of how they deal with said predators and pests. So that's what I did. I also believe that sharing such stories enables others to know that they too can take appropriate action. I personally have lost animals to bears and other predators. That's how I found this site. I was heartbroken and felt powerless as to protecting my property.
This site, this very forum in particular, gave me knowledge and the courage to do what I needed to do.
I have no qualms sharing my stories with others, and I appreciate reading about other people's experiences too.

I hope that clears up your mistundertanding of this thread:)

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
StoneWallFarmer said:
Yes this is a public forum, however it's still somewhat anonymous. My location isn't public to my knowledge. And as far as SSS goes, I fully support that system as a means to protect and preserve, however in this case I was fully within my rights to dispatch that bear.

And in no way am I "flaunting" anything. I protected my family, my property and my livestock... And put a diseased animal out of its misery. This public forum happens to be labeled "Predators and Pests" and is a place for homeowners, animals lovers, farmers etc to tell the stories of how they deal with said predators and pests. So that's what I did. I also believe that sharing such stories enables others to know that they too can take appropriate action. I personally have lost animals to bears and other predators. That's how I found this site. I was heartbroken and felt powerless as to protecting my property.
This site, this very forum in particular, gave me knowledge and the courage to do what I needed to do.
I have no qualms sharing my stories with others, and I appreciate reading about other people's experiences too.

:thumbsup

Tiss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I, for one, was very interested to see the picture. I could never have imagined a bear looking so bad.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
StoneWallFarmer said:

X3

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I agree with the OP that she was not "flaunting" her actions NOR what became of the bear. I for one have NEVER seen mange so BAD on ANY animal - and her photos were VERY enlightening! I have seen far more grotesque photos of dispatched predators on this forum (and others).

Every state has laws governing what is and is NOT legal for "protection" of personal property, livestock, tresspassing, etc. This is a good example of WHY you should learn the laws in YOUR particular state of residence/farming. We have bear in our valley...a big male comes through and HAS taken livestock and companion animals as he goes! There's also at least one momma with a mess of cubs too. This is WHY we got our LGD...but if push comes to shove...I will defend my animals. (I'm not gun-happy or shoot everything type either....)

@ bon - start practicing with that riffle! We live near a MAJOR riffle range. Get to hear all kinds of gunfire during the day...
A riffle will be MUCH more helpful in certain circumstances than a shotgun. Easier on your shoulder as well!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
lilhill said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
StoneWallFarmer said:

X3
x4

Latest posts