Lambing time!!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
people came together on this one thread from 3 different countries, isn't that wonderful?
Wow... people and sheep the world over are SO similar....it would be so much more helpful a world if all folk were able to see the many many similarities rather than try to pick on the few small differences between us all.....for a moment I became philosophical....it won't last. Lovely point, though, Baymule.

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok an update... it has been quite an eventful 48hours... feeding every 2 hours and milking a ewe that is one of my least friendly has been a challenge but so rewarding. Even with little to no sleep for myself🥴 I put the lamb in with mommy this morning to see if she could stand up after falling down and the little trooper did... even when she lay down for a nap she was able to get up every time. It is just before 5 PM here and I am due to feed the babe in an hour... I walk out to check on mom and babe and here is babe latched onto the nipple having a good old suck... damn that was so rewarding.
I just want to thank everyone on this group... the info and encouragement has made this experience a lot less stressful than if I did not have all of you guys helping...:thumbsup

Attachments

• 16048478163506422949485604068848.jpg
    16048478163506422949485604068848.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 92

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I weighed her now and she is 1.8kg so a nice increase in size in 48 hours... milked mom and got a nice amount out of 1 teat and nothing out the other so offered the bottle to babe and she drank 25ml... her intake has been about 60ml at a time so it would appear she is drinking... now I'm having a gun and a traditional african braai...

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I weighed her now and she is 1.8kg so a nice increase in size in 48 hours... milked mom and got a nice amount out of 1 teat and nothing out the other so offered the bottle to babe and she drank 25ml... her intake has been about 60ml at a time so it would appear she is drinking... now I'm having a gun and a traditional african braai...
GIN!!! not gun

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, now I know what a gun/gin is, but what's an African braai?

Congratulations on the lamb latching on and sucking. What an accomplishment! I am so happy for you, the lamb, and her mom. Good all the way around.
Braai is the equivalent of a barbecue only done african style🤣🤣🤣