Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
KIMG0543.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Omg, Cinnamon totally outfoxed me. It looked like she didn't have her nest made because the fur was towards the front of the box. She had 4 babies, probably same time as Sugar or even last night. I bet it was last night. I'm so annoyed with myself I didn't feel the nest instead of just looking. Now just waiting for Coffee, but not positive she took. I might need a new buck if I keep getting small litters with Frost.
KIMG0545.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Your Rex rabbits are so pretty, do you do anything with the pelts?
I want to tan them, we have been saving them in the freezer since we started butchering. We just haven't had time to do the tanning yet. I think we have maybe 7-8 gallon ziplock bags of pelts, each with 4ish pelts. Hubby is getting frustrated it's starting to take up a bunch of space in the outside chest freezer. Maybe I can start on those next weekend.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Things are growing!! The comfrey root has leaves and the Jelly Bean blueberry is starting some buds. The garlic I planted is starting to come up.
KIMG0559.JPG
KIMG0557.JPG
KIMG0560.JPG

This past week we got two loads of wood chips, for free! Our family friend is a contractor and working a job less than 6 miles from our place and needed a place to dump the wood chips after taking out several trees. Should work great for mulch around plants and for walkways.
KIMG0562.JPG