Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, gonna share some personal news, I'm surprised I've been able to keep this a secret for so long. My hubby and I are going to be welcoming our first baby in early October. We will be 20 weeks on Saturday and will get to learn the gender. We are pretty darn excited to become parents. :love
congrats!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations on the upcoming blessed event! Just how did you keep it so quiet so long? LOL
I was challenging myself, because usually I spill the beans. I'm terrible at keeping my own secrets, usually because it feels like lying or not telling the whole truth. I'm pretty darn decent at keeping other's secrets, just not my own.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, don't work yourself too hard. And remember you aren't eating for two, you are eating for one and a little one 😄
Yep, trying to be good and not do too much. It's been a pain this last month or so, the doctor told me I'm not supposed to lift anything over 25 pounds, so hubby has to help move animal feed. I'm used to doing that all myself. It sucks not being able to do as much as help with parts of the house remodeling.

I'm also not supposed to clean the litter box, so hubby has been having to do that as well. He's not thrilled.

Eating-wise I've been fine, trying to just snack all day and not eat huge meals. Since I cut out soda (I really miss Dr Pepper) I think I've lost weight as I'm gaining baby weight. It'll work itself out.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations 🥰 DH took over cleaning out the litter box when I was pregnant and I haven’t taken the responsibility back yet 🤫
That happened here too and the last time we had a cat that was mine was before DD2 hatched. That was 26 years ago, I don't think DW has touched a litter scoop since she got pregnant with DD1 nearly 29 years ago. She's on cat #3 now.

There are now 3 indoor cats, 1 per female family member. DW gives them some dry food early to keep them from being annoying. I feed them later and clean the inside box and the one on the porch. DD2 feeds them dinner and cleans the inside box (when she remembers). DD2 gets a pass since she's 600 miles away in Canada.

Latest posts