Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh… I’m so tired already. I can’t do more tired!

Sitting outside in SUN finally today. 54* and sunny.
Probably is going to depend on how you feed the kids and how many helpers you have. With two, it's unlikely they will be sleeping/eating on the same schedule, so you will be more tired. I don't know if you are planning to use formula or just breast milk; I think they have breast milk banks but I don't know how those work.

Sunshine is awesome and really helps with mood/feeling better.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Probably is going to depend on how you feed the kids and how many helpers you have. With two, it's unlikely they will be sleeping/eating on the same schedule, so you will be more tired. I don't know if you are planning to use formula or just breast milk
We are planning on 100% breast feeding. And I know I’m going to be more tired than I have in my entire life. I know it’s worth it.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are planning on 100% breast feeding. And I know I’m going to be more tired than I have in my entire life. I know it’s worth it.
You may want to try to make your milk come in before they are born then, and save the colostrum too. That way you can stockpile milk and also increase how much milk you are making.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little dude is 4 weeks tomorrow, it's crazy how fast time flies. He's eating more, and doing really well at holding up his head. He is more and more alert after feeding, and starting to grab at things. He's ripped my glasses off several times today. He doesn't like to be burped.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Little dude is 4 weeks tomorrow, it's crazy how fast time flies. He's eating more, and doing really well at holding up his head. He is more and more alert after feeding, and starting to grab at things. He's ripped my glasses off several times today. He doesn't like to be burped.
He’s got a little personality! ♥️

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
And he's apparently entering a slightly clingy stage, he doesn't want to drop off to sleep unless I'm holding him. Hubby was a little miffed that he was fussy and refusing to chill out after he held him, fed, burped, changed, tried putting in the swing, etc. Then he handed the munchkin to me and he started snoozing.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubby's family got together over the weekend to celebrate his Grandpa's 80th birthday. They took lots of family pics, including some 4 generation pics with his grandma, mom, sister, and niece, and then grandpa, dad, hubby, and our son. I'm really glad his grandparents are still with us and able to interact with the little ones, not everyone gets to have that.

Mother in law came over yesterday and cleaned up my kitchen and then got some munchkin snuggle time. He's starting to sleep a bit longer so I am starting to feel less sleep deprived.

Hubby did a burn pile and got rid of a lot of the brush from the front yard. He also pounded in t posts for my front garden. Once he gets the tractor going we can remove the chain link dog zone that came with the house and reuse the posts for the gates and pull points for the front garden. After the concrete for that sets, we can get the fence installed and hopefully make that zone deer proof. Then I can start moving plants over and get some in the ground and others where they will have more sunshine and space than they do now. All of my fig cuttings have rooted themselves through their pots. Still trying to figure out where the fig forest will end being planted. Hubby tried the two varieties of figs that put out fruit and really liked the "violet" one, I forget the full name of the variety but I at least wrote it on the plant marker. These plants started from 6" cuttings I received on the mail last winter and are now waist high. One even put up two stalks/trunks, I might be able to take cuttings from that one as I shape it a little this winter and get even more plants.

Latest posts