Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think what I really need is twice weekly maid service since I hate doing housework :hide It's a good thing that I live by myself as I only have to concern myself with how I feel about it. It would (will) also help once the weather starts cooling down and even more when Mel becomes a full time, outside LGD

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
He doesn't really have a long coat... except for his ruff around his neck, he's actually got the coat of an Anatolian, which is relatively short. It is thick, but not like a Pyr or other heavy/long coated dog. He does have a pretty decent undercoat though, which thickens up in the winter. I won't trim him for fear of skin issues and other issues with parasites (biting flies, mosquitoes, etc.) His coat protects him from that. The fur also protects in case he gets into it with another dog or coyote etc.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It would (will) also help once the weather starts cooling down and even more when Mel becomes a full time, outside LGD
:yuckyuck
:lol: :gig
You'll have to get him a friend so he MIGHT think being outside is better than hanging with "Dad" in the comfy weather proof house.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The fur also protects in case he gets into it with another dog or coyote etc.
The great pyr I had years back.. once I watched him get into a play fight with a pit bull.

The pit grabbed the pyr by the throat, but all she got was fuzz. She had to let go and hack up a hairball.

And yep, even in the heat, it is best to not shave them. Combing out any stuck undercoat is good....but what a chore! Blach

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just think of all the trouble I could get into with a friend like you living nearby... Maybe it is better this way. :hide
You know what they say......... A friend will help you move..a good friend will help ya move a body.

Back in my younger days, my former wife decided we needed a maid. I hired one. Wife fired her the 2nd week. I hired another. Wife fired her too, and every other one that came in for the next 6 months. Wife decided we really didn't need one after all..

I swear.
It weren't my fault she was so picky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts