Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am glad that you are feeling better. Getting sick is no fun, dragging yourself out in sub freezing weather lugging hot water to your animals doesn't do anything to contribute to your recovery, but it must be done. At least today it was in the 40's and sunny. Tonight back to 25, tomorrow night low of 30F then back up above freezing. Hang in there, no more water toting.

You are likely to feel like crap for awhile, even after you are "well" from the flu. Take it as easy as you can. You are retired, you don't have to be anywhere at a pre set time, so relax and get well.

Bummer that your family visit was cut short. Bad weather and being sick, sorry that you didn't get to enjoy them longer.

when you are dehydrated you can mix your own electrolytes. 5 spoons of sugar, 1 spoon of salt, stir in a glass of water and sip it. Don't guzzle it, it can come back up if you are queasy. It isn't a Coke vanilla ice cream float, but it isn't any worse than Gatorade.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up GW. I don't really care for romaine so don't buy products that have it. Good thing considering my recent "luck" right? I'd be the first Texan to find a bad batch.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Talk over on BYC is that the "romaine scare" is a bit dated as the issues were like over 5 weeks ago and nothing since. I think also it was a specific supplier issue, not nation wide. Thoughts are that it may be scare mongering by a competitor? :idunno

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had romaine salad for dinner tonight. But it is still all over the news. Two small children (siblings) in our area are in ICU with e-Coli, one is in kidney failure. They haven't said yet if they ate any lettuce or not. This is ONE of the reason I won't sell raw milk. Can't see or taste e-coli.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
his is ONE of the reason I won't sell raw milk. Can't see or taste e-coli.

Raw milk? That's so passe'.
I unknowingly let a king's ransom get by me back in early Sept when Hurricane Harvey was here, but I'm getting prepared to cash in big time on The Next Big Thing..

Going to be collecting all the food grade plastic drums and 330 gal totes I can for the next time it floods here and collect as many thousands of gallons as I can. All the new age beatniks, 21st Century hippies and Hipsters and those "Keep Austin Weird" folks are going to be plopping down their debit cards, sending me bitcoins, and hocking their iPhones for my product.

Greybeard's Raw Water! All Natural--right from Nature's own clouds. No preservatives, gluten free, gmo-free, no herbicides because it came across 160,000 acres of US National Forest meaning it wasn't exposed to any of those nasty chemicals we all hate--right folks? The only fertilize in that forest was whatever Mother Nature in all her splendor provided thru her own carefully centuries old perfected eco system. You bet your bippie it's right, AND, here's what makes Greybeards Raw Water so much better than anyone else's:
This water wasn't contained within a little aquifer, any tiny stream bed or even a big deep river channel. Nope, folks..we here at Greybeard's would never make water submit to such a horrible and cruel life! This water was allowed to freely spread out wherever it wanted to go. You got it; This here, is Free Range Water!! The best kind. (cue 'Born Free' music playing softly in the background)

So get your orders in NOW!..a small non-refundable deposit ensures you can have all this wonderful all natural, free range, non-gmo, thirst quenching elixir your family can drink. (did I mention it was gluten free?) You'll be the toast of the town, and your friends will pale in envy at the next social event you host.
(supplies may be limited so act today!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts