Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Southwest is no better. My flight going out of Little Rock on SW a couple years ago was cancelled twice in consecutive days because of connecting flight from DFW to Hou Hobby was screwed because of a late plane coming out of Kansas City and the 3rd day the passengers complained so loudly, SW agreed to hold the plane on the ground at DFW so we could make the connection, but told us we would have to run to the connecting gate to make. When I walked on at DFW, some one that had evidently been sitting aboard for a long time on the tarmac said "Finally, we get to leave!"

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I've flown Delta on overseas flights and they have been great. I used to have issues with United but they went through bankruptcy and now do a decent job. American Airlines (now joined with US Air) kinda suck too. I think all of the airlines are running on such tight budgets and low margins that it's pretty difficult to provide the kind of customer service folks (used to enjoy and expect) look forward to. They basically need to fill planes to not operate at a loss and as a result routinely overbook flights by 15-20% or more. Then they cancel flights that are not full enough which throws schedules all out of whack. To add additional income streams, they now charge for bags and some even charge for snacks/drinks/meals on board. :( Couple that with maint/equip/weather delays and it's really no wonder there are so many unhappy travelers. The stupid TSA and gestapo security doesn't help things either. Sure wish I owned my own aircraft...

To the best of my knowledge at this point (they changed her connection city from JFK to ATL), she made it to Atlanta in time and boarded the flight to Portland Maine. If it took off on time, she should be arriving in about a 1/2 hour. She'll text me when she gets home so I'll know she made it OK.

She has called and is back home in Maine. :)

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That just sucks. Airlines no longer have good service. So many people take to the skies now that the airlines have people over a barrel. Crowded, treated like a criminal, overcharged, overbooked and treated like last week's leftovers. Gheesh.

Glad your daughter finally made it home. I am even more glad that you got to spend some quality family time with your kids.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now that you've had all that great couple weeks of family time, you can get back to YOU -- and your own healthy improvements. It will make life so much more enjoyable!

How's Mel & elf and the goats? Are you still milking? I have five in milk but, one has 2 kids on her, another one but she needs weight & so I feed in milking stall, don't milk. 2 others have weaning doelings helping me, another small gal has just me. Makes it easier when you have help :D Some days only milk once. More than enough, frig is full. Need to make cheese. Off work Sunday, so that seems the day to do.
I will HAVE to slow work if I need to milk more in Spring!

And that's the plan! Home at least 75% more! :D =D

Glad DD got home well after the prior delays. It's not fun to get stuck "somehwhere" unplanned, especially alone.

Last edited:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
That just sucks. Airlines no longer have good service. So many people take to the skies now that the airlines have people over a barrel. Crowded, treated like a criminal, overcharged, overbooked and treated like last week's leftovers. Gheesh.
Back in 2004, it had been several decades since I had flown and I was taking an AA flight out of San Angelo into IAH by way of Abilene Tx.
When I finally got boarded in San Angelo, I was astounded by the size (lack thereof) of the interior, and it was no better when we reboarded another plane in Abilene. Even Piedmont air on the East coast back in the 70s had bigger aircraft than what I flew on during the 2004 flight.

Could be worse I suppose...
Plummet.jpg

This picture is 40+ years old and I know the (now) quite elderly pilot from another board. He says the sign above the co-pilot's windscreen said "If the pilot makes it back, we all make it back"

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the name of that airline... Plummet! like FALL FROM THE SKIES!... Wonder how they did for biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.