Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Planned to be here for a "few minutes" then get back to work on the goat shanty. Been over an hour trying to catch up on 60+ alerts :ep Too manby folks spend too much time on here posting :duc:hide :gigHow's a person supposed to get anything accomplished elsewhere and keep up here Decided to work on roofing to day despite walls being incomplete. Supposed to have 3 days of cold rain so trying to have them a dry place to hang out and be fed.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just be sure to do enough of the roof that ya can have a spot to stand outta the rain while feeding them and to wait out a downpour before heading back to the house.....I had to hang out in the goat house a few times waiting for it to let up some, so I wouldn't get soaked going back.....:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd sure roof now for the rain! You have the stud walls up, the paneling can go up another day...get the dance floor dry. Everyone will like that :D

YES, some days when I need to get a project done, have to restrict myself from the computer. May still not get done but, helps. I tell myself getting on the forums is a "reward" for doing my other work :lol: Hey, rain & snow coming -- those are computer days, if it's working :hide storms & satellite often are not compatible.:(

And...what about the Philly cheese?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, after putzing around here till almost noon, I did get the roof framing completed. I wasn't able to go get the panels and get them installed as it was just about dusk and animal chore time when I finished framing it out. So after animal chores I went to the depot and got the polycarb, translucent, UV protected, corrugated panels in gray and some in clear, as well as all the screws and the support pieces that go above the beam but below the panel for support. Also remembered to ask for my military 10% off this time, which was good for over $85.00 :clap
goat shack 2018-12-5.JPG

Hope the weather holds off like it's forecast to do... It's supposed to start clouding up tonight and showers are supposed to start in the afternoon tomorrow then get heavier/steadier tomorrow night, and then pour all day Friday and into Saturday morning. The bad thing is it's supposed to be blowing in from the NE which is exactly opposite where weather normally comes from. That puts in blowing in the front where I've only got a 1/2 the wall finished and where both door opening are. :confused: I hope they're wrong about that aspect...

So tomorrow, I'll start putting the roof on right after morning chores and after that's complete, I'll hope to have enough "dry time" to get the front wall finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.