Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
We love artichokes! But, try as I might, I can't imagine them being used as a potato substitute! They are darn tasty though!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, more specifically Jerusalem Artichoke. And it's the root, rather than the green upper. My bad. Don't even know if they are in the same plant family.....maybe/maybe not.

:idunno
Looks a lot like a piece of ginger. Gurneys had them and they were listed in the potato section. Raw, says they are crispy like a water chestnut. 7 calories per 100 gram serving.

Sounds interesting. LOL

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This one is a keeper for me. I started not to use the jalapenos because Teresa doesn't like real hot but I figured the cream cheese and heavy cream would tone them down (which they did). Teresa also prefers pulled port to brisket so that's what I used.

Loaded Keto Cauliflower Bowl

Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

2 cups fresh cauliflower
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
2 cups cooked brisket
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup cooked crumbled bacon
2 tablespoons sliced green onions

Instructions

Chop cauliflower into bite size pieces. Steam or cook via favorite method until fork tender and set side.
Set heat to medium and add butter, onion, and jalapeno slices to skillet. Saute until onions translucent and fragrant.
Reduce heat slightly and add cooked brisket [or choice of leftover beef/chicken] and cream cheese.If mixture begins to stick or cook too quickly, reduce heat a bit. Continue cooking until cream cheese is heated through and easily stirred.
Turn off heat. Add sharp cheddar, heavy cream and cauliflower. Stir mixture quickly until all cheeses are melted and fully combined.
Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, green onions. Serve warm.

Notes

Feel free to substitute chicken or other shredded beef as your meat.

I did not remove excess moisture from the cauliflower because I steamed it. The slight bit of added moisture from this is necessary to the dish. If you boil your cauliflower, you may find it helpful to remove part of the excess water by using a towel or cheesecloth but do not dry it out completely

In comparison, here are the macros for this recipe…all loaded up (these are per serving and the recipe yields about 4 servings of 1 cup each):

Calories: 329
Total Carbs: 5g
Fiber: 2g
Net Carbs: 3g
Protein: 18g
Fat: 27g

Loaded cauliflower Bowl.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Low Carb Venison steak

Teresa is going in to Franklin for a sleep study tonight so I made us some low carb Venison in a brown onion gravy. I marinated the venison steaks in some soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. This also works well for lamb and goat and can also be changed a bit with some Dijon mustard.

I saute the onions in butter and when almost done, put a couple of table spoons of Almond Flour and stir till it turns a little brown. Add some beef broth and stir till it starts to thicken, then slowly pour in the rest of the broth. It turns out tender and very tasty.

Venison steak keto 10 Dec 2019.JPG

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made a version of a cauliflower rice bowl tonight - thanks to the inspiration of the Brisket Bowl above!

My version is loosely
17575C1C-EA4F-4ABE-934C-F415FF9696AC.jpeg
based on a recipe for a pulled pork bowl. I used last night's left over pork loin, some avocado chunks, cheese, (small amount of) black beans and chopped cilantro. Topped it with a dollop of sour cream. Pretty tasty!

Latest posts