Major bloat and possible goiter?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snake bite is possible. There would be fang marks, but if too swollen, they would be hard to see. For snake bite I give my dogs Benedryl and baby aspirin every 4 hours. I also keep Arnicare pills and give that for pain. If a snakebite, the swelling should start to go down after several days to a week.

I'm glad the vet let all the gas out of her. I hope she feels better!

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Been reading up on hematomas as well. :caf the options of what this is remain a mystery. Feels like she swallowed a stump! It's hard and big as a softball.

She also seems to be bloating again.:hu:hit gave her b complex, duramycin. She is laying down which she hadn't done since yesterday. We shall see what the morning holds.

She does make the worst noises when she is swallowing.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know what to say. I have no diagnosis, no words of wisdom, no experience with a similar situation. I know you love her and you will give it all you've got. You are a good goat momma.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She was bloated again yesterday when my husband got home from work. He successfully belched her, like the vet did. The mass is still there. Rock hard. No idea what to make of it. She has an appetite and drinks water. :hu