Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! I remember getting my first egg, it was so exciting! Your kids will love to go gather the eggs, it’s a wonderful childhood experience.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
First egg on the ranch! It's medium brown with speckles. So I don't know if it's from my Speckled Sussex or Red Sex Link. I guess I will have a monotone egg basket. LOL
Probably the sex link. I raised speckled Sussex and they lay creamy brown eggs without any speckles. I think they like to keep all the speckles on their bodies 😂

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I figured out our farm logo. Colors below will be on Cassandra's show gear: sparkly silver and purple. I think colors will change depending on what sticker is going on. The first 3 zillion attempts were laughable or too complicated for vinyl cutting or screen printing on swag.
GWR logo & text.PNG

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Egg collecting was always a fun thing for me as a kid at both grands! To this day I love going to collect them....don't even eat them very often but, enjoy the birds an collecting eggs. Probably why I also like various color shells. 😊

I like your logo. 👍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s an original logo! I like it!
Red sex links are laying machines. When my oldest granddaughter was about 6 years old, she and a little girl across the street would chase the hens all over the yard, catch them, lug them around, put them in chicken jail, (an old cage) and spend hours playing with the hens. Those hens took it all in stride, were gentle and didn’t peck the eyeballs out of their tormentors and never missed a beat laying eggs. About the only rule I had was, if a hen was in the nest box, leave her alone. Red sex links are really great hens!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you blow up the logo and put it on a piece of plywood (or even posterboard) for a Fair pen sign? If you can make a stencil, you can spray paint it on a piece of plywood for a permanent sign. If you are crafty you can transfer it to the plywood and paint it on freehand. Apply a couple coats of Varathane on top and store it between shows.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you blow up the logo and put it on a piece of plywood (or even posterboard) for a Fair pen sign?
That's the plan! My SIL has a cricket vinyl cutting machine. We will have all the things labeled. And use projector to throw image large scale onto fabric/wood. That's how we made banners for SCA.

Latest posts