Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the service guy at Sunshine Homes finally replied with more than one word after the account rep for Palm Harbor at Sunshine was included in emails. He replied only to me and said:
Your work order was received as my reply made you aware. The outrigger appears to be bent. This is mainly for alignment purposes in the assembly process. Our guys will repair this when we run a service route. This should not be a major concern and should not stop you from moving in. The work order has been put into our system. Our normal routing time is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive the request. I will get to your repairs as quickly as I can. Thanks, William
Trying to decide a$$hole quotient for my reply. Tried to snow the wrong engineer. That "outrigger" is the main metal gusset truss to the I-beam frame. :lol::lol::lol:

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty proud of my response. I was civil and mostly polite even.
---‐-----
Hello William,

The single word "received" was unclear. The normal response from service vendors to a work request is an email stating the work ticket number and an estimated repair time. Thank you for clarifying that my work request was received into your system and is currently at 4 - 6 weeks estimated repair time. What is the work order number for our reference?

Regarding the comments that the "The outrigger appears to be bent. This is mainly for alignment purposes in the assembly process." and "This should not be a major concern and should not stop you from moving in."

I DISAGREE.

The "outriggers" are an integral part of the support structure for the home transferring the applied loads from the joists into the main I-beam frame, see attached sketch. This truss-joist assembly is located in the kitchen area which has the highest deadload of the house due to the cabinets and appliances. The severed connection means the entire floor joist in that area is unsupported. This is a major concern since the floor joist has deflected 1.25" downward in a month. This is putting additional strain on the entire structure. Adding additional live load by moving in all our belongings will increase the loading on this joist and cause more damage.

Please advise updated ETA since the criticality has been explained.

Regards,
Jennie Ballard, BS Mechanical Engineering
Screenshot_20211021-154137_Gallery.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty proud of my response. I was civil and mostly polite even.
---‐-----
Hello William,

The single word "received" was unclear. The normal response from service vendors to a work request is an email stating the work ticket number and an estimated repair time. Thank you for clarifying that my work request was received into your system and is currently at 4 - 6 weeks estimated repair time. What is the work order number for our reference?

Regarding the comments that the "The outrigger appears to be bent. This is mainly for alignment purposes in the assembly process." and "This should not be a major concern and should not stop you from moving in."

I DISAGREE.

The "outriggers" are an integral part of the support structure for the home transferring the applied loads from the joists into the main I-beam frame, see attached sketch. This truss-joist assembly is located in the kitchen area which has the highest deadload of the house due to the cabinets and appliances. The severed connection means the entire floor joist in that area is unsupported. This is a major concern since the floor joist has deflected 1.25" downward in a month. This is putting additional strain on the entire structure. Adding additional live load by moving in all our belongings will increase the loading on this joist and cause more damage.

Please advise updated ETA since the criticality has been explained.

Regards,
Jennie Ballard, BS Mechanical Engineering
View attachment 87985
Brillant!

:clap

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! That was great! Now you call the mortgage company back and read his email, then yours and inform then that you are not moving into a substandard home and would they please contact the service guy who treated you like a stupid ignorant person and light a fire under him. Also that you refuse to pay for a house that is structurally damaged.

You have a right to be proud of your response, that was awesome. haha you beat him up with your brains! Top that dummy service guy!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! That was great! Now you call the mortgage company back and read his email
Oh, I added everyone else back to email thread when I replied: Palm Harbor office manager, Sunshine Homes account rep, and mortgage company contact. Excluding people from the conversation would be rude. 😏 Current feedback is "issue will be fixed as soon as possible."

The house install company is currently set to fix a pier that was ontop of electric inlet and had to be moved. We are going to ask them to install an extra pier at this joist if they get out before Sunshine does.