Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I "mowed" the front yard with the weedwacker. It now needs raked, ugh. I am researching groundcovers to hopefully take place on grass around house and septic system. I already have big patches of horseherb and frogfruit by sheep shed.

I need a better handling system... it was sheep lassoing time to collect fecal samples. We'll see what the vet says tomorrow.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I looked at the pdf from the vet today. The numbers she gave me were Per Slide not Per Gram. No wonder she asked why I tested.
Screenshot_20220916-234822_Drive~2.jpg

So EPG is extremely low. I emailed to confirm grams poop used. I bet the drought helped in this respect killing eggs.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate being sick. Sinus infect turned to chest infection and the antibiotics are ripping my guts up.

So much to do and I'm stuck inside! 5 days till we leave for St Louis for the memorials. Animals aren't setup. Nice clothes haven't been purchased. 😱🥵

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate being sick. Sinus infect turned to chest infection and the antibiotics are ripping my guts up.

So much to do and I'm stuck inside! 5 days till we leave for St Louis for the memorials. Animals aren't setup. Nice clothes haven't been purchased. 😱🥵
Well... that sucks.

If we could only schedule illnesses! :hugs

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doctor switch antibiotics and it's working without tearing me up. I'm officially at the manic sick stage where you need to lock up the tools.

So I cooked my lamb ribs. I tried salt & pepper, Herbs d Provencial, and Thai Curry as rubs. 2hrs at 250F. Cassandra liked the curry before AND after I told her it was sheep.😉
20220918_181437.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So critters are setup and SIL walked through things. The sheep have 4 square bales in feeder with 2 spare. I hope that should be enough for 5 sheep and 6 days.

ETA: Sister in Law will be feeding their grain each evening. She is also feeding the cats and checking water everyone.

Last edited: