Messybun’s Small starts big dreams

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What a Blessing that your Mom does not have Cancer. It must have been scary for the whole family.

Getting ready for your real estate test..... with the help of your study buddy, you will ace that test! Then you will go on to become the best realtor ever!
Thank you so much. You are always the kindest.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay, so still studying today. First exam is on the 23rd after I pass that test I have another (state) test. All coming up very very shortly.
My good friend had her sixth baby today. I am so excited for her!
Today I picked up straw for the winter, finished my hay rack and filled it. I wanted to get troughs, but they didn’t have any. I’ll wait until the store has more blue barrels pre-cut because I don’t really have a way to split them.
My rabbit has an abscess in her cheek, too vascular an area to drain it. So, I’m going to treat her with colloidal silver directly in the eye and triple antibiotic ointment. She was born blind, so I’m not worried that the tao will affect her vision. Chamomile hasn’t been working. She’s got a lot of puss coming directly out of her tear ducts. I hope she gets over this, I really don’t want to have to put her down. She’s the last rabbit and my dad really loves her. So, we’ll see what can be done. Feel free to give suggestions.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yawn. How are y’all this evening?
It feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day...the fact that it’s fall may have something to do with that. It’s hard to believe, I keep wondering where my summer went?!
Had to get straw and tried to get feed troughs. The store had plants for a dollar apiece, so tempting! But I’m honestly not going to get them in the ground so I resisted, be proud lol. My hardware/feed store also sells ice cream, breakfast of champions lol. A funny glance or two may have been shot my way; but it’s not like I have shame over ice cream so who cares.
Chicken coop roof seriously needs fixed, I have a board curling up. But that hasn’t gotten done just yet. Speaking of chickens I need to sell a bunch, probably 5-10 because their escaping and bad habits are spreading. That may not be a bunch to most people, but it’s like 1/5th of my flock I think... too late to do math right now. Nobody wants to buy right now though. Ugh, if I ate my birds they’d be gone, but I have family members who are currently resistant; plus I don’t have time or freezer space.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ice cream for breakfast sounds good to me.
Bad chickens! Eat them!
I’m getting 70$ for the lot today! I was wrong, I have a bunch of people wanting to buy lol. The pit of my stomach drops thinking about getting rid of that many hens...but I need to. 9 girls and 1 boy, I only have 27 total right now. And four are roosters that have earned their place. I want to get sexlinks in the summer, they were the best layers I ever had. I just had an idea, turn my old and small coop into the brooder, I’ve done it before but never in winter. Not sure how I’d weather proof it right now... it’s basically just a prefab coop. But it’s a lot bigger than my brooder box (which my goats broke the roof of btw!) Don’t even know if anyone is selling chicks at this time of year, but I want to get that ready just in case. We shall see. 2-3 dozen chicks would be nice and selling the extra should recoup my costs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sex Links are the friendliest chickens! I like the red ones, but black Sex Links are excellent layers too.

To weather proof your coop, staple plastic to it. If you have those woven plastic feed sacks or dog food sacks, cut them open on the seam so they don't ravel and use them.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sex Links are the friendliest chickens! I like the red ones, but black Sex Links are excellent layers too.
To weather proof your coop, staple plastic to it. If you have those woven plastic feed sacks or dog food sacks, cut them open on the seam so they don't ravel and use them.

Awesome thank you! I keep my corn sacks but didn’t think about using them for this.
Really on the black ones? I think the black birds are pretty, but I was just going for something that lays, maybe I can get both in one. 🥰

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good evening y’all.
Small update, I passed my school test. Which means all I have to do is pass the state’s test. Which will be a whole lot harder! I’ll get back to the books tomorrow.
The rabbit’s eyes are clearing up for no discernible reason, and she’s eating and drinking about four times her usual amount. I’m thinking someone might be stealing it, maybe the cat or a dog, haven’t caught them doing it though.