Milking Stands

fanov8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here is the stand that my husband built for me. We had some left over lumber so it didn't cost anything to build it.

I plan on having him add a shelf on the left side of it so I can put all my stuff on shelves. I'll post pics when/if that ever happens

IMG_7172.jpg

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
This is an awesome thread!
Oh cool! The thread became a sticky!

I hope all these pictures give inspiration to those who need stand ideas :D

EggsForIHOP

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
SDBoerGoats said:
Goatherd said:
Thanks Eggs, Goatherd, I found it and it looks so easy. I am going to try this!
FWIW - the clevis pins...I skipped that and just glued my headstand on permanent, because of the bigger goats I wanted it more stable...just saying...

And if you want to save a little on the construction, skip the caps on the bottom...OH! and for the bigger goats, I let mine overhang the back end about 4 inches and it's still very sturdy and holds them fine, plus it allows the extra room for the longer does :)

I think that's all the modifications I made...

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
EggsForIHOP said:
SDBoerGoats said:
Goatherd said:
Thanks Eggs, Goatherd, I found it and it looks so easy. I am going to try this!
FWIW - the clevis pins...I skipped that and just glued my headstand on permanent, because of the bigger goats I wanted it more stable...just saying...

And if you want to save a little on the construction, skip the caps on the bottom...OH! and for the bigger goats, I let mine overhang the back end about 4 inches and it's still very sturdy and holds them fine, plus it allows the extra room for the longer does :)

I think that's all the modifications I made...
:thumbsup good to know!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Autumnprairie and I built this. It's not "pretty" but it works. Extra long (48 inches), extra narrow (18 inches), extra tall to accommodate tall does, long does, and mini's and to milk sitting down from the back or from the side.

1156_milk_stand_1.jpg

Headgate is tall because this is Mama. 36 inches at the shoulder. She is very long. She comes almost to the end of the stand and she has to duck to get in the had gate. The other does fit only halfway to the end of the stand.

1156_mama_on_the_stand.jpg

The headgate is narrower at the bottom than the top for the mini does. And has a very long slot for tall and short does.

1156_head_gate_closed.jpg

It also opens very wide to accommodate does with horns and does without horns.

1156_head_gate_opened.jpg

A bucket hangs on the wall instead of on the milkstand. (I am going to add a means to hang the feed bucket on the stand.

1156_bucket_hook.jpg

Cooperkeeper

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Love all these ideas. My dad built two stands from Fiasco's site and I thought they should be cute:p! So Here is one of mine..still have to find a mat for the top so they are not slippery. Love the horse mats, but ours are so heavy, and I would like to be able to take them off to hose off...I will be new to milking and am sure we will have a spill during the learning curve!!
They have been great for hoof trimming, though had to tie them with twine because my girls were still small and could back right out of them.
3880_img_2035.jpg]