Mollys Herbals goat wormer

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am going to get on the ball with the herbal wormers (Molly's Herbal Wormer) from the start. I guess I'll have no experience with the chemical wormers to compare it to, but I like the idea. I know the benefits of herbal remedies, but they also have their own risks and do NOT replace proper medical care. I plan to have chemical wormers on hand, and run fecals with the vet, too, to create a worming program that will work for my herd.

mkeawsh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Both of my current does now push each other out of the way to try and get an extra ball. One was resistant the first couple times I gave it to her but once she decided she liked it, she practically knocks me down trying to get her dose.

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have been thinking about trying the Herbal dewormer. I know the ingredients that goes in it but not the amounts for each herb. Does anyone know the amounts to make your own?

happyvagabonds

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
i use Fir Meadows http://store.firmeadowllc.com DWorm-A and about to order some of the GI Soother for Coccidia and barberpole worms. Katherine is a certified Master Herbalist and has a very informative book out now about herbals for livestock and pets. (it's on my wish list!) she also has an amazing award-winning herd of Toggs. i saw results very quickly and am using her mix for all my animals... dogs, cats, chickens and goats.

i made dosage balls following the standard recipe, but instead of slippery elm, i had a sample of COB that i had received at a recent dairy goat festival. i ground the whole grains in a coffee grinder until it was a fine powder and used in same proportions as the suggested slippery elm. my goats loved it without hesitation, and let me tell you, i have some finicky goats. my doe will eat baby carrots, but not regular carrots. *boggle*

i got the idea to use the COB mix from a post somewhere from someone who just used oatmeal. i love my steel-cut oatmeal too much to sacrifice it to the goats.... haha good stuff!

sorry for the shameless plug of Fir Meadows, but i was looking for an alternative to Molly's and have been very pleased with Fir Meadows. Katherine is amazingly knowledgeable and i trust a recipe provided by a Master Herbalist. That's a lot of dedication and years of work and knowledge.

Evergreen160

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just made dosage balls for the first time and I didn't have slippery elm so I made it with the leftover alfalfa leaves in their feeder. I just mixed the herbs, molasses, and alfalfa together until it made a ball. I chilled them a bit and then gave one to each goat. They gobbled it up!

cybercat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
happyvagabonds said:
i use Fir Meadows http://store.firmeadowllc.com DWorm-A and about to order some of the GI Soother for Coccidia and barberpole worms. Katherine is a certified Master Herbalist and has a very informative book out now about herbals for livestock and pets. (it's on my wish list!) she also has an amazing award-winning herd of Toggs. i saw results very quickly and am using her mix for all my animals... dogs, cats, chickens and goats.

i made dosage balls following the standard recipe, but instead of slippery elm, i had a sample of COB that i had received at a recent dairy goat festival. i ground the whole grains in a coffee grinder until it was a fine powder and used in same proportions as the suggested slippery elm. my goats loved it without hesitation, and let me tell you, i have some finicky goats. my doe will eat baby carrots, but not regular carrots. *boggle*

i got the idea to use the COB mix from a post somewhere from someone who just used oatmeal. i love my steel-cut oatmeal too much to sacrifice it to the goats.... haha good stuff!

sorry for the shameless plug of Fir Meadows, but i was looking for an alternative to Molly's and have been very pleased with Fir Meadows. Katherine is amazingly knowledgeable and i trust a recipe provided by a Master Herbalist. That's a lot of dedication and years of work and knowledge.
I second this choice. I have know her for a few years from the LaMancha list. FirMeadow is a good quality source.

Tiss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You use the weekly formula but not the wormwood formula. So far my girls are looking good!