My BJ, My Husband has Died

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, that’s funny. Actually it sounds like something I would do.

I went with my cousin to pick out a casket for her mother. Cousin had cared for her mom for 5 years, even sleeping with her because her mother would stop breathing. Cousin was shattered. I told the funeral silly mortuary jokes, don’t even know where I got them from. I asked him if the casket was soundproof because my aunt needed to Rest In Peace and not be disturbed by noise. Look on his face was priceless. My cousin nearly peed herself.
So yeah, inappropriate is just fine with me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m going through old pictures for BJs memorial. I ran across our wedding pictures. The sheriff of the county walked in with his shotgun. BJ had been a pretty rowdy guy, got thrown in jail for bar fights and such. He was well known to the law. LOL

So Billy Ray walked in dressed in a ridiculous get-up and a shotgun. He announced, “I’m here to make sure Bobby Joe gets married and Dana don’t run off.”

We really did have a shotgun wedding.

EA56D4DC-8A4A-4394-AFDC-0D5765255DD8.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh Bay,I just logged on and saw the note about your loss. Jenny and I send you our love during this difficult time. Please stay in touch because as a group we will all do our best to offer support for you as you move into a new part of your life....T.O.R.
Thank you. You know that goes both ways. This is a great bunch of people

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:
Yep, you and BJ had some serious fun!
Yes, we did! Spontaneous, laughter, crazy fun!

Absolutely love the wedding picture and story. You were a beautiful bride...
Thank you! My daughter was 9 years old then and wanted me to have a gorgeous dress, long train and lots of lace. She told me to expect to spend $1,000. :lol: She gave me a detailed description of this dress I was supposed to go buy. I be-bopped into a resale shop, told them I needed a wedding dress and gave them my daughter's description. Lady said she had one, what size was I? I replied, SKINNY. She brought out the dress, I tried it on, perfect fit for $125. :gig:lol:

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for your wonderful stories. Off topic but I thought I’d mention this to you and others who had or will get covid. My sense of taste disappeared (it’s back mostly) but my sense of smell went completely off the rails. I constantly smelled odors that weren’t there. Gasoline, airplane glue, assorted poop and spoiled food. Not only did that make food taste weird I had headaches from the gas can that seemed to follow me everywhere. Most importantly I couldn’t tell if something was burning and ruined some dinners. I still can’t detect spoiled food but will wake up smelling rotten eggs etc. Make sure your smoke detectors are working and police your perishable foods. I think my problem is unusually long lasting. Most people I know recovered taste and smell quickly. I missed the honeysuckle blooming in ‘20 but got a bit of it this summer.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan yes I told her, she thought it was a smart move. Meant to be, yes it was. Me and BJ were meant to be. We both knew it and mentioned it often. He took one look at me, instantly fell in love and that was it. Meant to be.

@Blue Sky i lost my taste and smell too. Every thing either tasted like it had a pound of salt on it or a pound of sugar. Nasty gross. My taste came back, smell is almost back. I was very weak, my strength is coming back. This stuff is bad.