My garden 😞

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What is the legal limit for something that hangs out the back of a vehicle? I have no clue. I just do what seems sensible, and all of our "law" doesn't seem to bother us unless it looks to be really stupid or dangerous. But we are in an area with alot of farmers and I guess they just look to make sure it is not too "crazy"...... But if there are very many then I usually take the truck and cattle trailer and get stuff loaded in it. That's an idea.... got anyone close with a cattle trailer making a trip to sell any cattle any time soon? Get them to carry the panels back on their return trip and just pay them some gas money......
Yeah, mentioned that already. Don't "need" these until sometime in the spring, and I have a wonderful neighbor with a trailer.....next time he's in the vicinity of TSC with his trailer. Was only brainstorming, because of a fit of pique I was going through.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
FINALLY! Got all the trees cleared from the garden plot. I got tired of fighting chainsaws. I bought a new one. First NEW new chainsaw I've ever owned. All my life, I thought it was normal to spend more time working ON the saw than working WITH the saw. It absolutely wasn't in the budget, but I am SO happy I made this purchase. I kinda went out on a limb, and got a 40v electric. It cuts better than my gas one. Cut 8 trees (most small but one about 14"), limbed, and almost got firewood cut on one charge. Glad it ran outta juice, cause I was tired. And not a "pull" done and not a (expletive deleted) on the day!
Now if it will just stop raining long enough to put the hay on the ground. I think the tractor would just compact the mud too much right now.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our son bought a battery chainsaw and is pleased with it. Congrats on your NEW chainsaw!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
HOORAY! I finally got the hay down. Less than 12" in places, more in others. I'll let it settle for a day or two and work it with the pitchfork. Got two partial rolls to fill in as/when needed.
20200203_160607.jpg

BUT.....Am I too late? Took this on the way back to the house.
20200203_150633_HDR.jpg

And there were two groups within 4 feet, also in full bloom.
Gotta get those seeds going NOW!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bulb flowers will bloom even through frost. Veggies won't make it through a frost. Do you have a place set up in the house to start seeds? Haha, we have a garden tub. I have literally made it a garden tub by putting flats of started seeds in it with 4' fluorescent shop lights over it.

Latest posts