B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190818_104800.jpg
best ducks ever ! ....... thank you @CntryBoy777

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was going to go up and replace them but, ya know what, I'm tired. I've replaced shingles on this 9 year old told 3 times in the past 3 years.
Something isn't right there! Maybe it is time to stop patching and do the whole thing so you won't have to screw with it again until your kids are well into their 20's.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Something isn't right there! Maybe it is time to stop patching and do the whole thing so you won't have to screw with it again until your kids are well into their 20's.
That's kinda my way of thinking too. I have a feeling that's not going to be the adjusters way of thinking but I'll see what happens when he comes out.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They came out and looked at it today. I talked to him about not wanting to have to fix the roof each year nor have to make home owners insurance claims as that will just lead to my insurance going up or them dropping me so I'd rather they just write up the estimate for a new roof.

He said he'd rather do the entire roof as well because "they can't insure their work" if they just replace a couple of spots. (Read in between the lines - entire roof means more money. Whatever, as long as we're on the same page.) They came out, looked and left so I'll find out what they said sometime I suppose. If I don't like it, I'll try another place.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You might want to check with your insurance company before you decide they will raise your rates if you make a claim. I bet they'd rather pay to replace a storm damaged roof than all the interior when a storm comes in through that roof.

And they really can't insure it if they are patching in, kinda hard to get all the patches sealed up properly.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You might want to check with your insurance company before you decide they will raise your rates if you make a claim. I bet they'd rather pay to replace a storm damaged roof than all the interior when a storm comes in through that roof.

And they really can't insure it if they are patching in, kinda hard to get all the patches sealed up properly.

Yeah, I can understand not being able to insure just a patch but I'm also a bit of a realist and know that they'd rather have more money as well, not just the ability to insure the work lol.

With my previous home I had shingle damage due to a tree limb that landed on the house. That roof was over 30 years old. I asked this same insurance company if they replace the entire roof and they said no. When I talked to the man yesterday from the contacting agency he said that this insurance agency had guidelines starting that 80% of the roof slopes had to have visible damage to them. So if you had 10 slopes, 8 of them needed something wrong with them to replace the whole thing.

As for the sheep, the other East Friesian ewe which we bought from a lady around here, (same person we bought the one I just had to kill and who's ram lamb just died) is sick. Came in very weak last night, acting very much like her son. I immediately have her a dewormer and will make a decision on whether or not to give antibiotics today.

Well see.:idunno

Latest posts