Neighbor's Dogs Killed My Pregnant Does - News Article Link in post #1

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So sorry for the pain and suffering your goats had to go through and you are having to deal with now. A client of mine had a neighbor's dogs get into his pasture and killed all of his goats. He saw the dogs in the act and killed them. He has now filed suit against the owners. Those goats were his babies and he and his family were devastated over it.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well...I'm sure you can find a farm or two for rent in VA...if not...come out my way to the Panhandle area...LOTS of 'farms' out here! (Just stay out of the 'new' cities!) I love my nubians and couldn't imagine having to go through the same thing.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am so sorry that you had to go threw all of that and now the added torture of your neighbors lies...

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the loss and devastation you must be feeling. :hugs

marlowmanor

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. :hugs I hope you are able to get compensation from the neighbor.

I thought about this post yesterday when there was a stray dog roaming by the road across from my goat lot. I stood at my door watching the dog to see if he was going to try anything with my goats. All the goats were at the top of the hill by the house and just watched him too. I was definitely ready to grab a gun if I needed to.

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
So sorry for your loss. :hugs I hope you are able to get compensation from the neighbor.

I thought about this post yesterday when there was a stray dog roaming by the road across from my goat lot. I stood at my door watching the dog to see if he was going to try anything with my goats. All the goats were at the top of the hill by the house and just watched him too. I was definitely ready to grab a gun if I needed to.
It's terrible to have to feel so nervous on our own property. I'm now afraid to go to the barn in the mornings - the day after, I had a breakdown on the way there - and we are constantly scanning our pastures for dogs.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
quiltnchik said:
marlowmanor said:

It's terrible to have to feel so nervous on our own property. I'm now afraid to go to the barn in the mornings - the day after, I had a breakdown on the way there - and we are constantly scanning our pastures for dogs.
Any response yet from the owners? I can't believe that facebook post of theirs that you posted, that made NO mention of the goats killed and tried to make YOU the bad person. Hopefully it doesn't step into slander territory and hurt your business.