New Hampshire

Jenny28

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am new here to BYH. We have two baby LaMancha Dairy goats, 11 chickens, 1 very proud rooster, 3 cats, 1 dog and 2 adorable human kids. ;) I live in Chichester, NH.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi, welcome!
I don't come on here very often, and I went back to check my original post. Boy, a lot has changed! I got rid of my angus and highlands.....I am now doing Dexters. I am so in love with the breed, and my milk cow Frannie. I never thought you could like a cow this much. LOL. And the fresh milk is fantastic!

Jenny28

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
Hi, welcome!
I don't come on here very often, and I went back to check my original post. Boy, a lot has changed! I got rid of my angus and highlands.....I am now doing Dexters. I am so in love with the breed, and my milk cow Frannie. I never thought you could like a cow this much. LOL. And the fresh milk is fantastic!
My husband and daughter are really ROOTING for a milk cow! LOL. I told them give the goats a few years first! ;)

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I grew up with 30 diary goats.....milked them twice a day. This cow thing is super easy, compared to that! LOL. If you get a smaller cow, you waont have to deal with so much milk. I am sharing with the calf, and taking "only" 2 quarts a day. More than enough for us (milk, cheese, etc). I like the taste way better than goats milk.
Your Hubby and Daughter should vote you out. LOL.:lol: Oh wait.....your probably the one who does all the work. I know how that is. Nevermind! :D

Jenny28

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
I grew up with 30 diary goats.....milked them twice a day. This cow thing is super easy, compared to that! LOL. If you get a smaller cow, you waont have to deal with so much milk. I am sharing with the calf, and taking "only" 2 quarts a day. More than enough for us (milk, cheese, etc). I like the taste way better than goats milk.
Your Hubby and Daughter should vote you out. LOL.:lol: Oh wait.....your probably the one who does all the work. I know how that is. Nevermind! :D
You got it!!!!:lol:

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
MrsDieselEngineer said:
Hey LaughingLlama! I know you ;) Guess I actually know a few people on here now :)
Hey, I know you too! :D I wanted to ask you before, how are your goat sales? I see you advertise quiet a bit, was wondering if sales kept you pretty busy or so-so?
Hubby was thinking of doing goat meat too, but I draw the line. I can only feed/raise so many. LOL. I love my new Dexter cow, but I am the one milking, not him. And am not a big milk drinker.....but I have been making butter and starting with cheese......I need to find a mentor that is close by. I admit, the cheese making stuff boggles my mind.

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Just saw your post! Things are going quite well :) I normally don't have any problems at all selling Boers of any age, be that for meat, breeding, or pets. Other types of goats, well that's been only so-so... Goats are really simple to care for, never hurt to "just" have two ;) but they are addictive!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I live on the side of the hybernating Ossipee ring dike volcano... Technically on the side of Grant Peak in West Ossipee. I would love to meet all of you someday.