New Hampshire

sixofus09

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi I live in Lee. Im having a blast with my backyard herd. Im looking foward to expanding into many new things. I have 4 pigs now that will get my land ready for the spring. I also have 13 chickens that are starting to lay eggs. I cant wait for whats to come. Ill be giving our land a name soon enough.:weee

mcf3kids

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello and greeting from Litchfield, NH

My husband and I have 17 laying hens and raise Cornish hens for meat production for our freezer (two batches a yr). This upcoming spring we would like to raise a couple of pigs or sheep. We do not have great pasture land the area we have is a hard wood forest land that has a wetland area that dries by late summer. We would like to get a pair of animals (so they will have some companionship) and raise them to slaughter weight in late fall. Opinions on which would work better for us? My husband is an avid hunter and does all processing of his deer and the chickens we raise so processing them will not be a problem. Thank you for your opinions. :caf

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi from Salisbury!
Sounds like you would do well with raising a couple pigs first, maybe a year or two then if you want sheep them there will be enough land cleared for grass to grow. You will be amazed at how the hogs will clear the land. either way, you will raise some delish, home grown meat for the freezer!

LinnyCK

Just born
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm from Holderness, NH! I have 15 chickens, a dog, cat and about to add two Nubian/Nigerian crosses to the clan soon. April 30th can't come soon enough!
:celebrate

HenAndHerChicks

Just born
Reaction score
hello! im a brand-newbie from Weare,NH! lookign to get into the goat community :) We currently have a bantam barred rock girl named Mia(our last girl standing from the coyotes) and have 2 full sized(going to be anyway) chicks in our a-frame chicken tractor on ant patrol. getting a dozen more in a month! also have a dog(bindi) my boyfriend likes to reffer to as the dingo jungle rat. but i think she is a cutie :) starting off slow into the farm life but something i have wanted since i was little. im from the boston area origionally so im prety green :D

rellikmalinois

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello from Danville!

We are just starting out! Have 4 goats 2 kikos and 2 (what we believe to be) Nigerian Pygmy crosses. Have 2 NZW rabbits we have just bred and 3 young Californians we plan to breed. 4 Belgian Malinois and a puggle! We are adding two Pekin ducks to the group today and would like to do meat and layer chickens aswell!

Hemlock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If anyone still reads this thread, can you recommend a Nigerian Dwarf goat breeder in NH?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You can look on craigs list or contact your local county extension agent as they may know of local breeders. You can also search the member directories of the goat societies. Here's a link to the American Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Association:
http://www.andda.org/breeders.html If you click on the breeders list it's a PDF alphabetized by state. There are other societies you could check as well as not all breeders join the same or all societies.