New pullets need quarantine advice please :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, I was looking at the pictures, then the picture of the pigs walking up the ramp scrolled up. My first thought was Noah's Ark! You need a sign with your (name) Ark!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:

Hmmm, well @Beekissed claims W. Va isn't "the south" (though the maps say it is based on the Mason Dixon line) so she probably means it in the positive sense :)
Besides, if she wanted to insult someone, you wouldn't need to wonder about it any more than you would if @Baymule wanted to insult someone. It wouldn't be rude but you'ld know the intent. I love people that don't pussyfoot around.

border_mason_dixon_line_map_us_census_bureau_boundary.jpg
We do claim southern status merely due to that Mason Dixon line, but all the geography books say we are the northern most southern state and the southern most northern state. Can't make up their minds what they want to call us as we just don't fit in with either culture, having a culture all our own due to the mountains in which we reside. Hillbilly culture, I guess you'd call it.

And I would nevah insult Thistle!!! I would, however, tease her without any mercy. :D =D

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oops...sorry.. I posted those dumb pictures twice...maybe you won’t notice? Lol. Ok. Hers just a couple more...here you can see how we wrapped the cages around the tra. He put tin under to catch the Pooh. Room for 32 rab..give or take several now that we just had 12 kits! :lol: And then you can see my stinker rabbit Uncle George that jumped out of his cage...first on the left...and up to the top!! He’s nuts! He’s my favorite...he keeps me on my toes. :) it’s uni barn, that’s for sure...we thought we might save some money...original plans were for a 32x24 barn....I ask Him if he’s happy with the choice..because he had to redo everything....roof leaked like crazy...was noisy ...etc it’s good now...I thinkView attachment 68226View attachment 68227

Girl, you need some serious light and air into that building, both low and high. I predict very high humidity and ammonia levels if you don't....bunnies alone can put out a ton of pee.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
We do claim southern status merely due to that Mason Dixon line, but all the geography books say we are the northern most southern state and the southern most northern state. Can't make up their minds what they want to call us as we just don't fit in with either culture, having a culture all our own due to the mountains in which we reside. Hillbilly culture, I guess you'd call it.

And I would nevah insult Thistle!!! I would, however, tease her without any mercy. :D =D
My hubby wants to spend our winters in WV because it’s not that terribly far away...still have mountain areas, woods...but not NEAR the harsh winters....in his book, I guess you are coveted state! :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The musty pellets...that’s why we don’t buy from my hubby’s sister’s store..bad feed. And, we can’t tell her.
WHY can't you tell her? If I were running a business I would want to know. Going to lose customers because of it. They won't say anything, they will just go elsewhere and never come back. Not a good business plan.

I don’t understand...we go through wayyyyyy more feed than you...until this week..less hens... my hens get free feed..do yours? Are they good layers?
They have layer pellets 24x7. They lay well in the spring, summer and into fall. Not at all in the winter other than 3 of the 8 now 28 week old pullets. They also get some BOSS in the morning, scratch in the evening. Not a lot, about 3/4 of a 5 oz cat food can.

That is how she knows you like her! I don't waste pixels teasing people I don't care about.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
My hubby wants to spend our winters in WV because it’s not that terribly far away...still have mountain areas, woods...but not NEAR the harsh winters....in his book, I guess you are coveted state! :lol:
;) If the truth were known, we are a coveted state by many. Folks sort of hate WV like the world hates the US....too independent, too many natural resources in one place, too beautiful and varied to classify or pigeon hole, and we LOVE where we live and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I have to up my accounting of layer feed use to about 150# a month.

Latest posts