animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another big Howdy from the Lone Star State, where...come on all you BHYers you know the words... the stars at night are big and bright. We started with chickens, got six during "chick days" and were advised to feed them scratch grains... which we did. We had the scrawniest, meanest, fiestiest chickens in the world... poor things were being starved. So read, read, read, and then read some more. @Latestarter is right, ask questions and keep asking if you don't understand the answer.

By the way geese are fun, loud, very entertaining but maybe not for children. Good luck with your new adventure where ever it may lead you. I must warn you that we, collectively, are animal enablers. Want an animal? Just ask us and we can give you excuses, reasons and even some real decent logic as to why you absolutely have to have that animal.

My favorite piece of advise: Mission dictates equipment. What do you want to do... specifically. How do you want to get there. And, very importantly, where in the name of all good are you going to put the animals? Must have homes, fences, dishes and lots of love to survive.

Welcome! I'm confident you will find a home here.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH!! :)
I hope you find the animals that are right for you! :) I would agree with @animalmom, and ask a couple of questions such as what you would be raising them for, what type of environment you have, (as @Latestarter mentioned), etc. :) I'm sure you'll find the right ones! :)
Oh yes, and I must say, us BYH-ers love pictures! If you're able to post some pictures of your adventures, we'd love to see them! :)
Have fun!