NH Homesteader- turkeys!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
He has COPD but otherwise good. He's 87 and he still plays golf a couple days a week and goes dancing at the retirement park! He should be on oxygen but he won't do it. He plays with my daughter when he's home though, she loves him. His mother lived to 100.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a good note, DH is home tonight because it's too warm and humid to make snow. He came home at 1am last night because they were making slush and conditions haven't improved. Good skiing weather though.

I need to convince him to help do some hooves tomorrow and we have a few other little things we need to do. I want to get 3 goats done tomorrow and the other half next week. In good weather we do them all at once but December is not good weather lol. Two of my Nigies have annoyingly fast growing hooves.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a doe that needs her hooves done every 4-5 weeks!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's amazing the improvements they've made in lung cancer treatments and depending on the type, location, and size of the mass, could be minor or major. Sounds like otherwise he's pretty healthy and mobile. At 87, he's reached a decent age as well. I hope I make it that far. @Baymule & @Bruce are making me feel like a youngun'... I won't even hit 60 for another 5 months! Shouldn't complain... I still have most of my hair and most of my teeth o_O

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am worried my daughter won't see him again. And i hope the treatments don't have a huge affect on his quality of life. I guess I feel like if you make it to his age you deserve to go peacefully in your sleep. I had already accepted that this is the likely diagnosis for the most part. I just wish I could afford to take my daughter to Florida. She's never been able to visit him there. So we will see what the doctor says next week.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, and my mom turns 59 in January. I think she might have a meltdown when she turns 60 lol!
My dad started feeling old when his first born (my older sister) hit 50. That was 13 years ago when he was 75 so your mom has a long way to go before she will feel old :D

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
She kind of chooses to feel old I think. We all used to go snowmobiling and do stuff but she's kind of turned into a little old lady prematurely. I wish I could get her more into the animals or something. She thinks the goats are adorable, but she won't look at the pigs because she knows we are going to eat most of them. And she hates poultry. Haha.

Latest posts