Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would have to look at the exact size. I called a tire shop/Ag business and told them what model Craftsman I had. They listed off some price levels. I ended up with a $75 tire that is a 35 psi compared to the 10psi rated ones I took off. I also picked up the used wheel weights for next to nothing. They looked pretty good once painted. With the two 20lb weights up front, it has done well handling the hills and pulling my little hay wagon. I did try to pull a tree that broke off abt 12 feet up that was 6 or 8" around. It made the chain go taut and the tree shuddered, but just spun the tires. So, not a good test yet of it's capabilities. I suppose I could put calculated amounts of weight in the trailer and see how it it does on my driveway or somewhere fairly level. I ended up pulling the tree with my pickup, and didn't feel it back there.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to replace a rear tire last week and they only had the turf tire in stock.....old tire 10psi.....new tire 22psi. I enquired about some knobbies and the guy said they carry them, but weren't in stock. I believe that a 22" tire will fit on the 8" rim, and that would give me more deck clearence to get around tree roots and ruts here....and added traction. So, I was just wondering what yours were....and how the mods were working for ya.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I trimmed a nice swath between my hay field and the neighbor's property to the North. There is an open ditch that concerns me whoever mows and rakes the field might run a wheel off into. The ditch appears to be on my side of the line, but hard to tell. It benefits the neighbor due to runoff from heavy rains emptying into it from his property. He told me, in the past he trenched it out some. It has tall weeds and some thick stemmy trash weeds growing in it. He mows to the edge of it. I recently purchased a new 56 series, straight shaft Stihl weedeater that made it go fairly fast. I wanted to be able to drive my truck or tractor around the perimeter, and now I can. I should have got my phone out and flashed a pic.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to replace a rear tire last week and they only had the turf tire in stock.....old tire 10psi.....new tire 22psi. I enquired about some knobbies and the guy said they carry them, but weren't in stock. I believe that a 22" tire will fit on the 8" rim, and that would give me more deck clearence to get around tree roots and ruts here....and added traction. So, I was just wondering what yours were....and how the mods were working for ya.

If I am looking at the tire correctly and understanding the numbers, mine are 23" on a 10" rim. Sorry, I finally took the time to take a look :idunno

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a problem, I appreciate ya looking. I'm not in a position to change out the tires all the way around....and the new one I had to buy @$65 has to get some wear on it before I change too. I thought it very interesting that the old tire was stamped with inflate to 10lbs psi, but the new one is 22psi. That got me to thinking about a different size tire for added ground clearence around here...and a better gripping tread, too. Hope things are settling down for ya, still praying for your family with emphasis for your Mom....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. She's getting out a bit and enjoys that. I've been calling her each evening and trying to visit abt every 10 days to a coupla weeks or so. She sees my sister each week on her days off too. She lives abt 15 mins from her compared to my hour and fifteen.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
just catching up and am sorry for the loss of your dad. prayers of comfort and healing for your mom and the rest of your family. saw a craigslist add that made me think of you and your lawnmower. guy had a racing lawnmower for sale said "was told it would do 60 mph, don't know, don't want to try" was selling it 'cheap'. hope your bunnies are doing well.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers. Really appreciate them. My Craftsman doesn't have much speed. Lol. I was going for more power. The bunnies are going fine too. After some winter setbacks, I have all stages of grow out ages again. Thanks for asking.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow I look at a 1968 Gravely tractor. It has a sulky to ride on and 5 implements that attach and power from the front end. Snow plow, sickle bar, finishing mower, a couple cultivators. There is a second tractor for parts. They are asking $1200. I figure the attachments are combined worth more than the asking price. Anyone experienced with these?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170708_130256.jpg

Turns out it is a 1966 Gravely L series. I think L8. If the ride gets too steep, the sulky can be detached and it can be walked behind. There's 2 cultivators and a plough attachment that if you take the shaft loose to detach the blades, can insert the shaft of the plough. It spins and has 4 shovel type blades that stick out at its corners. So, with 2, can have one set up for cultivator and one to plough. It also came with a snow blade, sickle bar mower, and finishing mower. Best part is the seller came off the price a couple hundred. Mow, I am figuring out how to operate it, and how to maintain it. It runs on 30 weight oil and hydraulic fuel in the implements.

Latest posts