Pastor Dave's Highlights

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sucked at math all through school. I took the minimum to graduate. In the real world, I had to learn math, which suddenly made sense because I had a tangible, real application.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I loved math as a lad and was doing 5th/6th grade math when I entered 2nd grade. My second grade teacher fixed that "problem" in grand fashion... Instead of doing the assigned homework, I'd be doing problems from the back of the book. The teacher forced me to not move ahead of the class and to only do what was assigned. She cured me of my love for math by the end of that school year. Never really got it back...

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I loved math as a lad and was doing 5th/6th grade math when I entered 2nd grade. My second grade teacher fixed that "problem" in grand fashion... Instead of doing the assigned homework, I'd be doing problems from the back of the book. The teacher forced me to not move ahead of the class and to only do what was assigned. She cured me of my love for math by the end of that school year. Never really got it back...
I was ambidextrous as a child until second grade. That teacher would slap my left hand every time I tried to use it and ridiculed me in front of the class for being a "lefty" which in those days was considered a handicap in some weird way. I lost the ability after trying to hide my "deformity" for several years. Isn't it funny/sad how those teachers shaped our young lives?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bred a NZW doe today. Her first litter was 10 with 7 or 8 surviving to processing. She has had quite a few litters.

Tomorrow, I breed a mutt, white and red doe, that's mother was a red satin mix and father is a lop mix Charlie. Her first litter was 9 with 7 surviving to processing. This will be her 2nd litter.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was ambidextrous as a child until second grade. That teacher would slap my left hand every time I tried to use it and ridiculed me in front of the class for being a "lefty" which in those days was considered a handicap in some weird way. I lost the ability after trying to hide my "deformity" for several years. Isn't it funny/sad how those teachers shaped our young lives?

I am ambidextrous as well. My kindergarten teacher and other primary age teachers actually allowed me to work on projects with both to strengthen the ability. It shows you that rather than being limited to right brain or left brain, you have some mastery over both lobes.

My little league coach loved me. Pitch right handed one inning. Bat left handed. And switch it up on the plate and next up at bat. Man those opposing teams hated me pitching lefty, and you should have seen the coaches drooling when I switched up at bat.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our lowest temps here have been in the high 50' and we are back to the high 80's in the daytime. Humidity has been 93% for the last several days so it feels hotter. I'm still liking this better than the high 90's we had most of the summer.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our heat indexes here have been at or just above 100°....like Mike the humidity has been above 90% the past several days, so ya sweat while just standing still. The temps have been around 90°, but suppose to drop to low 80s next Thursday. Hoping to get the rye grass sown this wknd.

Latest posts