Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20180918_170643.jpg

This bit of Americana artwork from the Hoosier state is called, Hafta pull out the tractor and mower to get to the grill.
It is a slice of my life and I think it looks pretty good.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
are you having barbeque bunny @Pastor Dave? I have a guy that wants to trade me a couple of my meat mutts for a couple of his NZ/Flemish giant buns. have you ever raised any crosses like this for meat? I've always read that FG have a poor meat to bone ratio so i'm not sure its something I want to do. whats your opinion?
and I think you should put the grill on the side of the garage so you don't have to move everything to get it out.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a neighbor once that had his grill on the back deck. The house had vinyl siding. Too long ago to remember details as it’s been more than 14 years since we were neighbors but he basically melted a whole wall of vinyl siding!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't raised FG, but I'm told the bone density does impede the meat to bone ratio. Processing young fryers at a similar age of 10-12 weeks should give similar meat results as more common meat sizes.
I am also told a cross of NZ and FG gives a good meat rabbit, but haven't tried it.

My wife says she is surprised at how much I can pack in the garage. But, getting to it all is a problem! I have the far right, East third taken up with rabbits, straw bales, 50 gallon feed drum and supplies. Notice the truck sits out and doesn't have a home. The middle of the garage has a couple freezers, a small hay wagon that is abt 4'x6' and a bigger version of my Craftsman GT5000 with a deck. It's gotta go since I bought the Swisher. Back wall has a work bench and in far NW corner is my hay stacked on pallets. Grill usually sits in front of this, allowing me to park the car in winter. I leave it out rest of the year. The Swisher purchase is what has thrown off my organization so far this summer. I will have it better organized once the leaves are all off.