Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, my Dad did go from the hospital to the Rehab ECF connected to the hospital. He is probably the highest level care patient they have right now. They don't get to choose who they accept when the physician admits. Dad has managed plan MDCR rather than Traditional, so he doesn't qualify for as long a stay.

The plan is to get him stronger to be able to go home, so he can help out in Mom's care for him. He's been sick with infection, and between that and this change in environment, he is sleeping a lot and not doing much PT or OT. We think he may have to go to an off site ECF as a resident. We are all getting used to these changes.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
These things can be difficult to endure, and the decisions made can certainly weigh heavy on the mind. Having everyone's best interest at heart is really difficult to consider and it does require a bunch of understanding. The signs of depression only add weight to the matters at hand. Truly, prayers of Strength, Comfort, and Understanding remain with your family and this transition being faced.:hugs

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
In between the days of going to see Dad and Mom; which for the moment has been Tuesdays and Fridays, I have tried to stay on top of church work and managed to get 10 rabbits processed, 14 more born, and two does bred.

After emptying out a feeder pen, I placed a doe that's reached weight and "maturity" into it overnight to sleep by one of my bucks to get her more receptive by the next morning. She acted interested when the time came. I also rebreed 8 hrs later since does can get triggered by the first round to be receptive the second round. Almost never fails. I had to laugh because as the buck did his thing and fell off, she must have lost her balance and they both fell over together!

So, some matters of life go on as usual. At least for the buns :thumbsup

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hope you have a great visit with them tomorrow!:fl

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dad is supposed to be released from the rehab unit at the hospital to go to residency in a nearby facility. Mom is getting used to not having him home when she leaves to go home at night. They have had an alarm system for a while now. I forget abt it and set it off, but I am still familiar with their marshal and sheriff deputies from my days growing up there and being deputy marshal a while.

Mom keeps a can of wasp spray on her night stand that shoots abt 30' and has a S&W .38Spl revolver in her drawer.
She has had these the last 3 yrs Dad has been going downhill at home.

I took Mom to go see an Elder Care Attorney that's helping her with finances and separating assets. I guess I am Mom's POA now too when the time comes for doing any of this again down the road. Everybody's adjusting I guess.