Pete update: We lost him

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am crushed that Pete fought so hard and lost. He tried, to the end, to stay with you and much of that was simply to please those he loved. He was special. You were all special with every effort to keep him here. This is never how we want it to end but, the reality is that we can't always have our own way.

There was unbelievable love between this animal, his humans and his goats. His life was full. He knew how much he was loved and appreciated. It will not stop our hurt but, we must accept the outcome. No doubt all efforts were taken to keep Pete with us, in person. Now, we must accept his loving memories and try to cope. He is no longer in pain. Run free Pete...RIP, until we meet again.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GW & SBC, I am so sorry for your loss. I am crying now for your loss of Pete and for my two I lost 3 years ago. The pain and sorrow is still there. My dogs were just pets, a house dog and a farm dog but yours had a job to do as well. I know right now you feel like there will never be another like him. No, not exactly like him but some may come close. Graybeard is right when he says the ratio of life years between dogs and humans is not fair. There are some that you want to be around for more than just 10 years. But even though it may not seem fair for us to live so much longer, it does give us the chance to make lives special for so many of God's special creatures. I know y'all need working dogs and so many others on here do but for people that just want pets there are so many deserving ones at animal shelters. And they can be so special too. But not just animal shelter pets, even stray animals. If a stray wonders onto your property, don't immediately run it off or call animal control. It may look mean or parasite infested, but in time it may turn out to be one of those cases where you one day look back and think what would I have done without you. GW, SBC, and others on here that have lost those special friends, don't shut your heart off to other four leggers just because you have been hurt. We all have so much to give to these loving souls and enough time in our live to have many different ones to treasure. I lost two 3 years ago and I now have two more that I would not trade for any others. The one that was a stray makes me laugh everyday. He may be an English Shepherd. When he runs it looks like he is running downhill. When he stand still,too. He is full of energy and he loves my goats and chickens and the cats, though they don't care for him much. The one that did like him was taken by a bobcat.