Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone trotted right out the backdoor tonight, ready for his bedtime cookie. He never once scratched to come back in. He will be there to protect the rabbits and ducks from nighttime predators.
A perfect boi ❤️

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I made the mistake of taking Boone to the shop on a long rope and flat collar so he’d be free to sniff around and still be able to get him back as he has a typical LGD recall, not knowing all the ranch dogs and several visiting dogs were in there. (Big annual ranch party is this weekend)
He rope burned my hand pretty good, Randy was able to grab him. I tied some knots to hold but he couldn’t settle because he was scaring the dogs he wanted to play with and was pulling me HARD. I had to keep bracing myself and it was hurting my back so I tied his carcass to the flatbed and went down to the house and got his pinch collar. I had to ride the four wheeler up there because I was afraid I would fall again. The pinch collar made a big difference. None of the dogs wanted to play with them still and he was unhappy, so I brought him back home.
Still in town ignoring other dogs, but this was a mob of them so I can’t blame him much.

It was good to see that I could hold him with a pinch collar in a situation like that hopefully it still works when he’s 40 pounds heavier! I need to do a LOT of training

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been spending a lot of time on the relationship between Boone and Fen. Boone is not allowed to pinch him or disregard Fen’s body language when he’s done playing. The same goes for Fen as both are guilty. That said, they were snuggled together this morning, there is no resource guarding over meals, when told, they both sit quietly while I hand out treats by name and their play in the house has been cautious and affectionate (Fen grabbing Boones leg, Boone pretending to bite Fen’s face, etc. Play in the pasture is altogether different. They chase one another at top speed, Fen rolls Boone over constantly and they rough and tumble until our chores are done.
So far, so good.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got rabbits moved out of chicken pen ❤️ Will be easier to clean and fewer flies this way. Boone is up to the job.
IMG_8753.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The boss’ wife bought a buncha ducks for their party and told me WE are supposed to keep them
20. Ducks. That poop everywhere. 😬
My backyard won’t have flowers this year because Boone has a vendetta against anything that blooms.
So instead we will have 2 acres of chicken, rabbit, duck horse and cow **** mixed with thistles. Ew.
My veggie garden is a fail. All we will have this year is garlic and potatoes. Oh well.
My health is crappy this spring and the pain has increased exponentially so it’s better that I don’t have to try and push myself to take care of all that. It’s better if I use all my strength to fight the emotional battles instead of the physical this year, since I have no one to help with it all. Hope i get to see my son this year.
Randy’s daughter and her fam will be here Sunday. Hope I can make it fun for them. ❤️

Baby Thomas (ranch kid #5 baby)turned 1. He liked gis poneh.
IMG_8738.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nevermind that other people are amazed at how well behaved Boone is and compliment him whenever we are out, “I” am amazed at him!
He is incredible at restaurants, once under the table he sleeps through our meal, making it enjoyable for me. He adores meeting people, always happy when I allow someone to greet him, he always sits quietly, wagging his tail while children or adults pet him, he sits quietly next to me when people ask questions about him, which happens a lot more than I ever thought it would, he is super good about strange dogs, not totally ignoring them, but not trying to greet them and makes no noise which is VERY surprising as he jerks me off my feet trying to see the ranch dogs! And he doesn’t hesitate to hand me what I ask for and of course, keeping me from falling is his main purpose.
He is truly an exceptional individual. ❤️
#Boonethebestboyever
IMG_8771.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
How it’s going…

Boone is in cahoots with the littlest little. She finds his bags of snackies, and he eats them for her. Quite the nefarious team 😂

And as for the next size little…well, he thinks we should adopt. He would like some permanent littles. Especially the kind that hug and sneak him snackies…

IMG_8798.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

He did rather quickly take sides when the Daddy was going to discipline one of his newly acquired littles. Daddy was informed that any and all undesirable correspondence in the future, go through the little’s team of lawyers, Boone, Bark & Kissmyass, Inc.